Daryl Hannah Almost 'Institutionalized' as Kid
Daryl Hannah's parents considered having her "institutionalized" when she suffered a breakdown in the wake of their divorce. "The Splash" star grew up in Illinois with her mother Susan Wexler and her father Don Hannah, but her childhood was marred by her parents' split, which left her devastated from an early age.
Hannah admits she suffered behavioral problems as a child because the divorce left her with "a disconnected sense of reality", and she reveals her parents took her to a specialist doctor who recommended she receive intensive psychological treatment.
She tells the Biography channel's Celebrity Ghost Stories show, "I wasn't communicative and wasn't behaving like the rest of the kids. They thought I needed to be on some kind of serious treatment plan, and I should probably be institutionalized."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics