Daryl Hannah Almost 'Institutionalized' as Kid
Daryl Hannah's parents considered having her "institutionalized" when she suffered a breakdown in the wake of their divorce. "The Splash" star grew up in Illinois with her mother Susan Wexler and her father Don Hannah, but her childhood was marred by her parents' split, which left her devastated from an early age.
Hannah admits she suffered behavioral problems as a child because the divorce left her with "a disconnected sense of reality", and she reveals her parents took her to a specialist doctor who recommended she receive intensive psychological treatment.
She tells the Biography channel's Celebrity Ghost Stories show, "I wasn't communicative and wasn't behaving like the rest of the kids. They thought I needed to be on some kind of serious treatment plan, and I should probably be institutionalized."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed