Daryl Hannah Almost 'Institutionalized' as Kid
Daryl Hannah's parents considered having her "institutionalized" when she suffered a breakdown in the wake of their divorce. "The Splash" star grew up in Illinois with her mother Susan Wexler and her father Don Hannah, but her childhood was marred by her parents' split, which left her devastated from an early age.
Hannah admits she suffered behavioral problems as a child because the divorce left her with "a disconnected sense of reality", and she reveals her parents took her to a specialist doctor who recommended she receive intensive psychological treatment.
She tells the Biography channel's Celebrity Ghost Stories show, "I wasn't communicative and wasn't behaving like the rest of the kids. They thought I needed to be on some kind of serious treatment plan, and I should probably be institutionalized."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now