Daryl Hannah Almost 'Institutionalized' as Kid
Daryl Hannah's parents considered having her "institutionalized" when she suffered a breakdown in the wake of their divorce. "The Splash" star grew up in Illinois with her mother Susan Wexler and her father Don Hannah, but her childhood was marred by her parents' split, which left her devastated from an early age.
Hannah admits she suffered behavioral problems as a child because the divorce left her with "a disconnected sense of reality", and she reveals her parents took her to a specialist doctor who recommended she receive intensive psychological treatment.
She tells the Biography channel's Celebrity Ghost Stories show, "I wasn't communicative and wasn't behaving like the rest of the kids. They thought I needed to be on some kind of serious treatment plan, and I should probably be institutionalized."
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS