David Arquette Wants to Inspire People With Split Story
David Arquette has defended his decision to speak candidly about the break down of his relationship with Courteney Cox, insisting he went public to help others also suffering marital troubles.
The couple announced plans for a "trial separation" earlier this month after 11 years of marriage and the "Scream" actor subsequently called Howard Stern's Sirius Satellite Radio show to discuss the break-up.
Arquette came under fire for talking about their sex life, but he defied the criticism and returned to the airwaves on Stern's show on Wednesday, October 27. And the actor insists he wants to tell the truth to help other couples working out their issues.
He tells the Associated Press, "A lot of people are going through stuff like that, and it just helps to kind of hear a celebrity that's experiencing the same kind of things... I know I probably offend some people. I have been talking a little too much so I'm trying not to talk as much."
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones