Micah Sloat Afraid 'Paranormal Activity' Will Upset Spirit World
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat overcomes his fear of upsetting the spirit world by cursing out spectres and demons in the horror film franchise by stating he's an actor playing a role before every scene. The movie star admits he's always nervous before scenes with ouija boards, crucifixes and other symbols of black magic and demon worship - because he feels spirits are far from happy with what they see.
But he tries to avoid fabled curses that have haunted the sets and cast of horror classics Poltergeist and The Exorcist by stating his true intent before the scene. He tells WENN, "The primary thing is the ouija board stuff and burning crosses and cursing out invisible spirits. In general it's not the best thing to do."
"I feel protected by the character in a sense that if I was doing that on a personal level I think I would feel that fear, but, being an actor gives you permission, in the spirit world, to do things that you otherwise shouldn't be doing. I obviously don't know if that's true, but I'm still here."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent