Micah Sloat Afraid 'Paranormal Activity' Will Upset Spirit World
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat overcomes his fear of upsetting the spirit world by cursing out spectres and demons in the horror film franchise by stating he's an actor playing a role before every scene. The movie star admits he's always nervous before scenes with ouija boards, crucifixes and other symbols of black magic and demon worship - because he feels spirits are far from happy with what they see.
But he tries to avoid fabled curses that have haunted the sets and cast of horror classics Poltergeist and The Exorcist by stating his true intent before the scene. He tells WENN, "The primary thing is the ouija board stuff and burning crosses and cursing out invisible spirits. In general it's not the best thing to do."
"I feel protected by the character in a sense that if I was doing that on a personal level I think I would feel that fear, but, being an actor gives you permission, in the spirit world, to do things that you otherwise shouldn't be doing. I obviously don't know if that's true, but I'm still here."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie