Micah Sloat Afraid 'Paranormal Activity' Will Upset Spirit World
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat overcomes his fear of upsetting the spirit world by cursing out spectres and demons in the horror film franchise by stating he's an actor playing a role before every scene. The movie star admits he's always nervous before scenes with ouija boards, crucifixes and other symbols of black magic and demon worship - because he feels spirits are far from happy with what they see.
But he tries to avoid fabled curses that have haunted the sets and cast of horror classics Poltergeist and The Exorcist by stating his true intent before the scene. He tells WENN, "The primary thing is the ouija board stuff and burning crosses and cursing out invisible spirits. In general it's not the best thing to do."
"I feel protected by the character in a sense that if I was doing that on a personal level I think I would feel that fear, but, being an actor gives you permission, in the spirit world, to do things that you otherwise shouldn't be doing. I obviously don't know if that's true, but I'm still here."
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test