Randy and Evi Quaid Freed From Custody
Randy Quaid and his wife Evi Quaid have been released from an immigration holding center in Vancouver, Canada. The "Brokeback Mountain" star was freed after posting a $10,000 bond, reports TMZ.com.
His wife received an "unconditional release" after Immigration and Refugee Board officials discovered her father was born in Canada. The Quaids, who have been behind bars since Friday, October 22, were being held on a California warrant issued after they failed to show up for an arraignment on October 18 to face felony vandalism charges.
The couple was caught allegedly squatting in a Montecito home they once owned. The pair requested asylum in Canada, claiming their lives were "in danger" in the U.S. "Randy has known eight close friends murdered in odd, strange manners... We feel that we're next," Evi said, mentioning Randy's star friends include David Carradine and Heath Ledger who had been dying under suspicious circumstances.
- Taylor Swift Won't Come to MTV VMAs 2016 as Kanye West Is Given Free Reign on Stage
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up