Alicia Keys Shares Excitement of Newly-Born Son
New mum Alicia Keys has opened up about the joy of motherhood, insisting she spends hours just staring at her "most perfect" son Egypt. The "Fallin'" singer gave birth to her first child earlier this month, October 14 and Keys admits she's fascinated by the new addition to her family because she can't believe the "miracle" she has created.
In a post on her official blog, she writes, "I'm most enamored with anatomy at this point. The miracle of the human body. The ability to create all these small amazing machines of veins, capillaries, digestive systems, eyes, ears and noses."
"I can spend HOURS looking at one little EAR! Have u ever noticed how complex just an ear is? A tiny maze of art. It may sound silly but it's so true. Or a heartbeat? Everyday we wake up and in some way, take for granted the fact that this beautiful pulsating organ in our body is the reason (we're alive), and yet now that's all I can think of."
"I've never seen a more beautiful face in my LIFE! The most perfect eyes and beautiful nose, the sweetest lips and skin so soft and kissable! Never have I felt such disbelief, such awe, humility, godliness, such strength, power and possibility."
And Keys admits the little boy is already inspiring new music, "I've never believed in greatness and the never ending Higher Power more than now! And I can't believe he's mine! Oooh! I feel a song coming on... ."
More Alicia Keys News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers