Alicia Keys Shares Excitement of Newly-Born Son
New mum Alicia Keys has opened up about the joy of motherhood, insisting she spends hours just staring at her "most perfect" son Egypt. The "Fallin'" singer gave birth to her first child earlier this month, October 14 and Keys admits she's fascinated by the new addition to her family because she can't believe the "miracle" she has created.
In a post on her official blog, she writes, "I'm most enamored with anatomy at this point. The miracle of the human body. The ability to create all these small amazing machines of veins, capillaries, digestive systems, eyes, ears and noses."
"I can spend HOURS looking at one little EAR! Have u ever noticed how complex just an ear is? A tiny maze of art. It may sound silly but it's so true. Or a heartbeat? Everyday we wake up and in some way, take for granted the fact that this beautiful pulsating organ in our body is the reason (we're alive), and yet now that's all I can think of."
"I've never seen a more beautiful face in my LIFE! The most perfect eyes and beautiful nose, the sweetest lips and skin so soft and kissable! Never have I felt such disbelief, such awe, humility, godliness, such strength, power and possibility."
And Keys admits the little boy is already inspiring new music, "I've never believed in greatness and the never ending Higher Power more than now! And I can't believe he's mine! Oooh! I feel a song coming on... ."
More Alicia Keys News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences