New Book Unveils Images From the Making of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
A new book about Michael Jackson reveals never-before-seen images of the star behind-the-scenes of his iconic 1983 video "Thriller". Photographer Douglas Kirkland has gathered all the snaps he took of the singer rehearsing for the horror promo and undergoing the make-up routine that transformed him from pop star to zombie.
The images all appear in "Michael Jackson: The Making of Thriller: 4 Days/1983". Remembering his time on set with Jacko - who died in 2009 - Kirkland writes, "The yellow contacts he wore were painful. So was peeling off the makeup. But he stayed positive. His ability to write, create and perform - he was truly exceptional."
As of late, it was reported that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will be turned into a movie by director Kenny Ortega.
More Michael Jackson News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4