New Book Unveils Images From the Making of Michael Jackson's 'Thriller'
A new book about Michael Jackson reveals never-before-seen images of the star behind-the-scenes of his iconic 1983 video "Thriller". Photographer Douglas Kirkland has gathered all the snaps he took of the singer rehearsing for the horror promo and undergoing the make-up routine that transformed him from pop star to zombie.
The images all appear in "Michael Jackson: The Making of Thriller: 4 Days/1983". Remembering his time on set with Jacko - who died in 2009 - Kirkland writes, "The yellow contacts he wore were painful. So was peeling off the makeup. But he stayed positive. His ability to write, create and perform - he was truly exceptional."
As of late, it was reported that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will be turned into a movie by director Kenny Ortega.
More Michael Jackson News
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly Had a Fight at Cannes
- Johnny Depp Looks Dispirited While Leaving His Hotel in Frankfurt
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Tops Memorial Day Box Office, 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Bombs
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director