Charlie Sheen on Meltdown Reports: It's Totally Overblown and Overplayed
Charlie Sheen has spoken out for the first time about an alleged hotel rampage that left him hospitalized, insisting reports of the event have been "totally overblown". The actor was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in the early hours of Tuesday, October 26 morning after suffering a reported meltdown in his suite at Manhattan's plush Plaza Hotel.
Sheen's publicist later revealed his client had suffered an adverse reaction to medication, but media reports have suggested the star had taken illegal drugs and was in the company of a semi-naked escort when cops were called to his room, where he had caused an alleged $20,000 (GBP13,300) in damage to tables, chairs and a chandelier.
But in a text message to RadarOnline.com, the actor insists the circumstances have been over dramatized by the tabloid press. He writes, "The story is totally overblown and overplayed as far as the reality of the scenario. I know what went down and that's where it will stay... under wraps."
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'