Charlie Sheen on Meltdown Reports: It's Totally Overblown and Overplayed
Charlie Sheen has spoken out for the first time about an alleged hotel rampage that left him hospitalized, insisting reports of the event have been "totally overblown". The actor was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in the early hours of Tuesday, October 26 morning after suffering a reported meltdown in his suite at Manhattan's plush Plaza Hotel.
Sheen's publicist later revealed his client had suffered an adverse reaction to medication, but media reports have suggested the star had taken illegal drugs and was in the company of a semi-naked escort when cops were called to his room, where he had caused an alleged $20,000 (GBP13,300) in damage to tables, chairs and a chandelier.
But in a text message to RadarOnline.com, the actor insists the circumstances have been over dramatized by the tabloid press. He writes, "The story is totally overblown and overplayed as far as the reality of the scenario. I know what went down and that's where it will stay... under wraps."
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester