Charlie Sheen on Meltdown Reports: It's Totally Overblown and Overplayed
Charlie Sheen has spoken out for the first time about an alleged hotel rampage that left him hospitalized, insisting reports of the event have been "totally overblown". The actor was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in the early hours of Tuesday, October 26 morning after suffering a reported meltdown in his suite at Manhattan's plush Plaza Hotel.
Sheen's publicist later revealed his client had suffered an adverse reaction to medication, but media reports have suggested the star had taken illegal drugs and was in the company of a semi-naked escort when cops were called to his room, where he had caused an alleged $20,000 (GBP13,300) in damage to tables, chairs and a chandelier.
But in a text message to RadarOnline.com, the actor insists the circumstances have been over dramatized by the tabloid press. He writes, "The story is totally overblown and overplayed as far as the reality of the scenario. I know what went down and that's where it will stay... under wraps."
More Charlie Sheen News
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis