Charlie Sheen on Meltdown Reports: It's Totally Overblown and Overplayed
Charlie Sheen has spoken out for the first time about an alleged hotel rampage that left him hospitalized, insisting reports of the event have been "totally overblown". The actor was taken to New York Presbyterian Hospital in the early hours of Tuesday, October 26 morning after suffering a reported meltdown in his suite at Manhattan's plush Plaza Hotel.
Sheen's publicist later revealed his client had suffered an adverse reaction to medication, but media reports have suggested the star had taken illegal drugs and was in the company of a semi-naked escort when cops were called to his room, where he had caused an alleged $20,000 (GBP13,300) in damage to tables, chairs and a chandelier.
But in a text message to RadarOnline.com, the actor insists the circumstances have been over dramatized by the tabloid press. He writes, "The story is totally overblown and overplayed as far as the reality of the scenario. I know what went down and that's where it will stay... under wraps."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says