Cher Still Refers to Transgender Son as 'Her'
Cher struggles to remember to address her son as a male following the completion of his sex change operation, but has applauded him for undergoing the courageous surgery in the glare of the public eye.
Chastity Bono, who was born to Cher and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as a baby girl, 'came out' as a lesbian in 1995 and began gender reassignment surgery to become a man last year. The process has now been completed and earlier this year, Chastity applied to have his name legally changed to Chaz.
Cher has previously admitted she does "not understand" Chaz's choice, but vowed to support him all the way. And now the operation is complete, the singer admits she still forgets how to address her son.
She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "It's hard - I screw up on the pronouns so often but she's very soft about it and cuts me some slack. It took much more courage for her to do it because I am her mom, she didn't have one moment of peace."
More Cher News
- Iggy Azalea's New Beau LJay Currie Gets Two Handfuls of Her Boobs and Ass
- Liam Payne Is Unscathed After Caught in Gunfire at Club
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'