Cher Still Refers to Transgender Son as 'Her'
Cher struggles to remember to address her son as a male following the completion of his sex change operation, but has applauded him for undergoing the courageous surgery in the glare of the public eye.
Chastity Bono, who was born to Cher and late singer/actor Sonny Bono as a baby girl, 'came out' as a lesbian in 1995 and began gender reassignment surgery to become a man last year. The process has now been completed and earlier this year, Chastity applied to have his name legally changed to Chaz.
Cher has previously admitted she does "not understand" Chaz's choice, but vowed to support him all the way. And now the operation is complete, the singer admits she still forgets how to address her son.
She tells Britain's OK! magazine, "It's hard - I screw up on the pronouns so often but she's very soft about it and cuts me some slack. It took much more courage for her to do it because I am her mom, she didn't have one moment of peace."
More Cher News
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says
- Kourtney Kardashian on Reconciling With Scott Disick: 'I'm So Not There Yet'
- Listen to Preview of Carly Rae Jepsen's 'E.Mo.Tion: Side B' Tracks
- Here's Your First Look at Kristin Chenoweth's Easter on 'American Gods'