Lil Wayne Caught on Camera Getting Unscheduled Visit From Prison Guard
A prison guard overseeing Lil Wayne's stint behind bars has been suspended over allegations he made an unscheduled 45-minute visit to the rapper's cell. The hip-hop star is currently incarcerated at New York's Rikers Island jail, where he's serving out an eight-month sentence on illegal weapons charges.
He was recently caught using banned music equipment and banished to solitary confinement. A Department of Correction captain at the jail has now been suspended after allegedly breaching the terms of Lil Wayne's punishment by spending 45 minutes chatting to the star in his cell, even though he is supposed to be kept in isolation.
Captain Raphael Collazzo is said to have been caught on camera making the unscheduled visit, according to the New York Daily News. Patrick Ferraiuolo, president of the union for Department of Correction captains, is adamant Collazzo didn't break any rules.
He says, "I spoke to the captain and I said, 'Do you know what's going on?' He goes: 'I have done nothing wrong... I don't have any dealings with this guy.' " Correction officer Amelia Negron was fired from her job at the jail earlier this year after allegedly wandering into the unit where the star is being held without proper authorization.
More Lil Wayne News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3