Naomi Watts, Sam Worthington and Clive Owen Lead AFI Awards Nominations
Naomi Watts, Sam Worthington and Clive Owen are leading this year's nominations list for the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards. Watts' role in "Mother and Child" has landed her a place on the shortlist for the International Award for Best Actress along with Toni Collette, "Edge of Darkness" ' Bojana Novakovic and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska.
Worthington is competing for the International Award for Best Male for his role in blockbuster "Avatar", going up against Simon Baker, Ryan Kwanten and Kodi Smit-McPhee. Other stars nominated for prizes at the upcoming ceremony include Clive Owen, who is up for the AFI Award For Best Lead Actor for his role in "The Boys Are Back", alongside contenders Ben Mendelsohn, James Frecheville and Brendan Cowell.
Abbie Cornish has received a nod for the AFI Award For Best Lead Actress and "The Hurt Locker" 's Guy Pearce is heading the nominations for the Best Supporting Actor trophy. Movie "Animal Kingdom" tops the nominations board with a record 18 category listings, "Beneath Hill 60" is up for 12 awards and Jane Campion's "Bright Star" will compete for 11 prizes.
The ceremony is due to take place on December 10 and 11 in Melbourne, Australia.
More Naomi Watts News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences