Naomi Watts, Sam Worthington and Clive Owen Lead AFI Awards Nominations
Naomi Watts, Sam Worthington and Clive Owen are leading this year's nominations list for the Australian Film Institute (AFI) Awards. Watts' role in "Mother and Child" has landed her a place on the shortlist for the International Award for Best Actress along with Toni Collette, "Edge of Darkness" ' Bojana Novakovic and "Alice in Wonderland" 's Mia Wasikowska.
Worthington is competing for the International Award for Best Male for his role in blockbuster "Avatar", going up against Simon Baker, Ryan Kwanten and Kodi Smit-McPhee. Other stars nominated for prizes at the upcoming ceremony include Clive Owen, who is up for the AFI Award For Best Lead Actor for his role in "The Boys Are Back", alongside contenders Ben Mendelsohn, James Frecheville and Brendan Cowell.
Abbie Cornish has received a nod for the AFI Award For Best Lead Actress and "The Hurt Locker" 's Guy Pearce is heading the nominations for the Best Supporting Actor trophy. Movie "Animal Kingdom" tops the nominations board with a record 18 category listings, "Beneath Hill 60" is up for 12 awards and Jane Campion's "Bright Star" will compete for 11 prizes.
The ceremony is due to take place on December 10 and 11 in Melbourne, Australia.
More Naomi Watts News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell