Russell Brand and Katy Perry Accused of Disturbing Wildlife
Newlyweds Russell Brand and Katy Perry are reportedly facing an investigation in India after on official complaint was lodged accusing the stars of breaking noise laws during their wedding celebrations.
The British funnyman married the pop star at an exotic resort near the Ranthambhore national park, home to a tiger sanctuary, in Rajasthan on Saturday, October 23. But the nuptials weren't without controversy - the couple has been accused of disturbing wildlife with loud music and violating environmental laws by smoking and drinking liquor, according to a report in London's Evening Standard newspaper.
Founder of Ranthambhore Bagh Bachao Andolan, Akshay Sharma, who filed the complaint against the stars, says, "In spite of wildlife laws being violated by the hotel administration, Katy Perry, Russell Brand and their guests, the district administration and forest department did not take any action against them. This is why I have filed a complaint in the court, so that a proper inquiry is conducted."
But Raghuvir Singh Shekhawat, field director at Ranthambore, has brushed off the claims, insisting: "The allegations are ridiculous and useless because no violation of any of this ever happened. There was no disturbance, no drinking or smoking, they had no loud music. The management even has a record of the frequency of the music - you're allowed up to 55 decibels and they didn't play above 50 decibels. Katy Perry and Russell Brand came here so it's a great privilege to us."
Indian reports claim the complaint is to be heard in a local courtroom on Saturday, October 30.
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl