Russell Brand and Katy Perry Accused of Disturbing Wildlife
Newlyweds Russell Brand and Katy Perry are reportedly facing an investigation in India after on official complaint was lodged accusing the stars of breaking noise laws during their wedding celebrations.
The British funnyman married the pop star at an exotic resort near the Ranthambhore national park, home to a tiger sanctuary, in Rajasthan on Saturday, October 23. But the nuptials weren't without controversy - the couple has been accused of disturbing wildlife with loud music and violating environmental laws by smoking and drinking liquor, according to a report in London's Evening Standard newspaper.
Founder of Ranthambhore Bagh Bachao Andolan, Akshay Sharma, who filed the complaint against the stars, says, "In spite of wildlife laws being violated by the hotel administration, Katy Perry, Russell Brand and their guests, the district administration and forest department did not take any action against them. This is why I have filed a complaint in the court, so that a proper inquiry is conducted."
But Raghuvir Singh Shekhawat, field director at Ranthambore, has brushed off the claims, insisting: "The allegations are ridiculous and useless because no violation of any of this ever happened. There was no disturbance, no drinking or smoking, they had no loud music. The management even has a record of the frequency of the music - you're allowed up to 55 decibels and they didn't play above 50 decibels. Katy Perry and Russell Brand came here so it's a great privilege to us."
Indian reports claim the complaint is to be heard in a local courtroom on Saturday, October 30.
- 'Jumanji' Is an Old School Video Game in Its First Trailer
- 'Jealous' Kim Kardashian Demands Hefty Pay Raise for 'KUWTK'
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert