Zach Galifianakis May Be Cast as John Belushi in a New Movie
"The Hangover" director Todd Phillips is developing a new John Belushi biopic - and Zach Galifianakis is at the top of his leading men list. The filmmaker is a longtime fan of the tragic comedy legend and admits he's close to pre-production on the film of Belushi's life.
He tells Details magazine he has yet to cast the film - but his The Hangover star Galifianakis is a favorite to play the wildman. Phillips admits he's surprised by Internet stories suggesting Seth Rogen will play Belushi: "They want Seth Rogen? That's interesting. I honestly never even thought of that. Zach, obviously. I've thought of Zach because it's Zach, and I think of him for everything."
Zach Galifianakis is set to reprise his role as Alan Garner in the sequel to "The Hangover". He will be playing once again with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham and Justin Bartha.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years