Zach Galifianakis May Be Cast as John Belushi in a New Movie
"The Hangover" director Todd Phillips is developing a new John Belushi biopic - and Zach Galifianakis is at the top of his leading men list. The filmmaker is a longtime fan of the tragic comedy legend and admits he's close to pre-production on the film of Belushi's life.
He tells Details magazine he has yet to cast the film - but his The Hangover star Galifianakis is a favorite to play the wildman. Phillips admits he's surprised by Internet stories suggesting Seth Rogen will play Belushi: "They want Seth Rogen? That's interesting. I honestly never even thought of that. Zach, obviously. I've thought of Zach because it's Zach, and I think of him for everything."
Zach Galifianakis is set to reprise his role as Alan Garner in the sequel to "The Hangover". He will be playing once again with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham and Justin Bartha.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris