Zach Galifianakis May Be Cast as John Belushi in a New Movie
"The Hangover" director Todd Phillips is developing a new John Belushi biopic - and Zach Galifianakis is at the top of his leading men list. The filmmaker is a longtime fan of the tragic comedy legend and admits he's close to pre-production on the film of Belushi's life.
He tells Details magazine he has yet to cast the film - but his The Hangover star Galifianakis is a favorite to play the wildman. Phillips admits he's surprised by Internet stories suggesting Seth Rogen will play Belushi: "They want Seth Rogen? That's interesting. I honestly never even thought of that. Zach, obviously. I've thought of Zach because it's Zach, and I think of him for everything."
Zach Galifianakis is set to reprise his role as Alan Garner in the sequel to "The Hangover". He will be playing once again with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham and Justin Bartha.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal