Zach Galifianakis May Be Cast as John Belushi in a New Movie
"The Hangover" director Todd Phillips is developing a new John Belushi biopic - and Zach Galifianakis is at the top of his leading men list. The filmmaker is a longtime fan of the tragic comedy legend and admits he's close to pre-production on the film of Belushi's life.
He tells Details magazine he has yet to cast the film - but his The Hangover star Galifianakis is a favorite to play the wildman. Phillips admits he's surprised by Internet stories suggesting Seth Rogen will play Belushi: "They want Seth Rogen? That's interesting. I honestly never even thought of that. Zach, obviously. I've thought of Zach because it's Zach, and I think of him for everything."
Zach Galifianakis is set to reprise his role as Alan Garner in the sequel to "The Hangover". He will be playing once again with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham and Justin Bartha.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes