Zach Galifianakis May Be Cast as John Belushi in a New Movie
"The Hangover" director Todd Phillips is developing a new John Belushi biopic - and Zach Galifianakis is at the top of his leading men list. The filmmaker is a longtime fan of the tragic comedy legend and admits he's close to pre-production on the film of Belushi's life.
He tells Details magazine he has yet to cast the film - but his The Hangover star Galifianakis is a favorite to play the wildman. Phillips admits he's surprised by Internet stories suggesting Seth Rogen will play Belushi: "They want Seth Rogen? That's interesting. I honestly never even thought of that. Zach, obviously. I've thought of Zach because it's Zach, and I think of him for everything."
Zach Galifianakis is set to reprise his role as Alan Garner in the sequel to "The Hangover". He will be playing once again with Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham and Justin Bartha.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video