Cognac Bosses Turn Their Backs on T.I.
Troubled rapper T.I.'s legal woes have cost him a development deal with cognac company Remy Martin. Earlier this year, the star signed a deal to launch his own signature Remy Martin cognac, but bosses have turned their backs on him after he was ordered to return to jail for violating his probation.
A spokesperson for the brand tells Perez Hilton, "Sometimes the 'road to redemption' is a difficult path. Regrettably, we will not be able to continue collaborating with T.I. at this time. We wish T.I. well and hope he will devote his time and energy to staying the course."
In September, the star, real name Clifford Harris Jr. and his wife were arrested and booked for felony possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop in Los Angeles. The arrest came just nine months after T.I. completed a jail sentence on weapons possession charges.
In a court hearing in his native Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, October 15, T.I.'s probation was revoked and he was sent back to prison for a further 11 months.
More T.I. News
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'