Cognac Bosses Turn Their Backs on T.I.
Troubled rapper T.I.'s legal woes have cost him a development deal with cognac company Remy Martin. Earlier this year, the star signed a deal to launch his own signature Remy Martin cognac, but bosses have turned their backs on him after he was ordered to return to jail for violating his probation.
A spokesperson for the brand tells Perez Hilton, "Sometimes the 'road to redemption' is a difficult path. Regrettably, we will not be able to continue collaborating with T.I. at this time. We wish T.I. well and hope he will devote his time and energy to staying the course."
In September, the star, real name Clifford Harris Jr. and his wife were arrested and booked for felony possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop in Los Angeles. The arrest came just nine months after T.I. completed a jail sentence on weapons possession charges.
In a court hearing in his native Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, October 15, T.I.'s probation was revoked and he was sent back to prison for a further 11 months.
More T.I. News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville