Cognac Bosses Turn Their Backs on T.I.
Troubled rapper T.I.'s legal woes have cost him a development deal with cognac company Remy Martin. Earlier this year, the star signed a deal to launch his own signature Remy Martin cognac, but bosses have turned their backs on him after he was ordered to return to jail for violating his probation.
A spokesperson for the brand tells Perez Hilton, "Sometimes the 'road to redemption' is a difficult path. Regrettably, we will not be able to continue collaborating with T.I. at this time. We wish T.I. well and hope he will devote his time and energy to staying the course."
In September, the star, real name Clifford Harris Jr. and his wife were arrested and booked for felony possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop in Los Angeles. The arrest came just nine months after T.I. completed a jail sentence on weapons possession charges.
In a court hearing in his native Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, October 15, T.I.'s probation was revoked and he was sent back to prison for a further 11 months.
More T.I. News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'