Cognac Bosses Turn Their Backs on T.I.
Troubled rapper T.I.'s legal woes have cost him a development deal with cognac company Remy Martin. Earlier this year, the star signed a deal to launch his own signature Remy Martin cognac, but bosses have turned their backs on him after he was ordered to return to jail for violating his probation.
A spokesperson for the brand tells Perez Hilton, "Sometimes the 'road to redemption' is a difficult path. Regrettably, we will not be able to continue collaborating with T.I. at this time. We wish T.I. well and hope he will devote his time and energy to staying the course."
In September, the star, real name Clifford Harris Jr. and his wife were arrested and booked for felony possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop in Los Angeles. The arrest came just nine months after T.I. completed a jail sentence on weapons possession charges.
In a court hearing in his native Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, October 15, T.I.'s probation was revoked and he was sent back to prison for a further 11 months.
More T.I. News
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons
- Kris Planning 'Revenge Memoir' About Caitlyn Jenner
- Jenelle Evans 'Devastated' After Losing Custody Battle to Mom Over Son Jace
- Batman Teams Up With a Supervillain in 'Batman and Harley Quinn' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Suffers Another Wardrobe Malfunction in High-Slit Dress at amfAR Gala