Cognac Bosses Turn Their Backs on T.I.
Troubled rapper T.I.'s legal woes have cost him a development deal with cognac company Remy Martin. Earlier this year, the star signed a deal to launch his own signature Remy Martin cognac, but bosses have turned their backs on him after he was ordered to return to jail for violating his probation.
A spokesperson for the brand tells Perez Hilton, "Sometimes the 'road to redemption' is a difficult path. Regrettably, we will not be able to continue collaborating with T.I. at this time. We wish T.I. well and hope he will devote his time and energy to staying the course."
In September, the star, real name Clifford Harris Jr. and his wife were arrested and booked for felony possession of a controlled substance following a traffic stop in Los Angeles. The arrest came just nine months after T.I. completed a jail sentence on weapons possession charges.
In a court hearing in his native Atlanta, Georgia on Friday, October 15, T.I.'s probation was revoked and he was sent back to prison for a further 11 months.
More T.I. News
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake Presents Rihanna With Video Vanguard Award
- MTV VMAs 2016: Jimmy Fallon Appears Onstage as Ryan Lochte, Throws Major Shade at Him
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Leads Full List of Winners With Six Trophies
- MTV VMAs 2016: Future Performs 'F**k Up Some Commas', Nick Jonas Brings 'Bacon'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Reenacts 'Lemonade' Visuals, Britney Spears Slays 'Make Me'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Alicia Keys Goes Make Up Free as She Honors MLK With a Poem
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger