TV Chef Juan-Carlos Cruz Pleads No Contest to Solicitation of Murder
U.S. TV chef Juan-Carlos Cruz has pleaded no contest to solicitation of murder in his alleged plot to hire three homeless men to kill his wife. The presenter, famed as the host of the Food Network's healthy cooking show "Calorie Commando", was arrested in California in May on suspicion of solicitation to commit murder after he was caught out during a reported undercover operation.
According to TMZ, Cruz's wife Jennifer Campbell wanted to die because she could not have kids but refused to take her own life due to religious beliefs. The TV star allegedly wanted his wife murdered as an act of mercy and planned to then take his own life.
Cruz initially pleaded not guilty but in court on Tuesday, October 26, it was announced that he had struck a deal with prosecutors to plead no contest. He has reportedly agreed to accept nine years in prison. A judge will sentence him on December 13.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details