TV Chef Juan-Carlos Cruz Pleads No Contest to Solicitation of Murder
U.S. TV chef Juan-Carlos Cruz has pleaded no contest to solicitation of murder in his alleged plot to hire three homeless men to kill his wife. The presenter, famed as the host of the Food Network's healthy cooking show "Calorie Commando", was arrested in California in May on suspicion of solicitation to commit murder after he was caught out during a reported undercover operation.
According to TMZ, Cruz's wife Jennifer Campbell wanted to die because she could not have kids but refused to take her own life due to religious beliefs. The TV star allegedly wanted his wife murdered as an act of mercy and planned to then take his own life.
Cruz initially pleaded not guilty but in court on Tuesday, October 26, it was announced that he had struck a deal with prosecutors to plead no contest. He has reportedly agreed to accept nine years in prison. A judge will sentence him on December 13.
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent