TV Chef Juan-Carlos Cruz Pleads No Contest to Solicitation of Murder
U.S. TV chef Juan-Carlos Cruz has pleaded no contest to solicitation of murder in his alleged plot to hire three homeless men to kill his wife. The presenter, famed as the host of the Food Network's healthy cooking show "Calorie Commando", was arrested in California in May on suspicion of solicitation to commit murder after he was caught out during a reported undercover operation.
According to TMZ, Cruz's wife Jennifer Campbell wanted to die because she could not have kids but refused to take her own life due to religious beliefs. The TV star allegedly wanted his wife murdered as an act of mercy and planned to then take his own life.
Cruz initially pleaded not guilty but in court on Tuesday, October 26, it was announced that he had struck a deal with prosecutors to plead no contest. He has reportedly agreed to accept nine years in prison. A judge will sentence him on December 13.
- Drake Gets Eighth Week at Billboard 200's No. 1, RHCP Starts at No. 2
- Photos: Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Hit the Beach in U.K. Joined by His Family
- Liv Tyler Jokes About Her 'Pointy and Giant' Baby Bump
- BET Awards 2016: Beyonce and Drake Dominate Winner List
- Muhammad Ali's Daughter Laila Gets Emotional While Honoring Her Late Father at 2016 BET Awards
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 Finale Recap: Does It Confirm Fan Theory About Jon's True Parentage?
- BET Awards 2016: Bryson Tiller and Drake Win More
- Jennifer Hudson Dresses as Prince in White Hooded Dress at 2016 BET Awards