Brandy Treats Transplant Patient With Birthday Party
Kind-hearted singer Brandy has made a "dream come true" for a young girl in need of a heart transplant, by flying the youngster out to California for a birthday party. The R&B star was overcome with emotion when she heard the story of 16-year-old Jessica Harris, who lives in Brandy's hometown of McComb, Mississippi.
The teenager suffers from hypoplastic left heart syndrome and, due to insurance reasons, is not eligible for a transplant until January. Brandy reached out to Harris and her family and invited them to join her in California for an early birthday party on Sunday, October 24, ahead of the teen's upcoming 17th celebrations next month.
The singer treated her guests to a limousine ride, a tour of Los Angeles, a spa treatment and the chance to watch her perform on "Dancing with the Stars". Brandy also hosted a dinner for Harris with her own relatives.
Brandy tells ETOnline, "I heard about Jessica Harris from my mom; her story was in the local paper in our hometown and the story just completely moved me. I was in tears and I was just really touched. Jessica needs a heart transplant - I want to do whatever it takes to put her story out there to get her help. People can donate. If any doctors are interested in helping her, any hospitals that are interested, this is why I'm doing this. It is a race against time."
"She has an amazing story, and for me to be a part of it is amazing; I just want to be a part of her life in any way I can. I just think creating special memories for someone like her is so important." Harris adds of her trip to Los Angeles, "It's like a dream come true. I've always looked up to her as a little girl."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences