Brandy Treats Transplant Patient With Birthday Party
Kind-hearted singer Brandy has made a "dream come true" for a young girl in need of a heart transplant, by flying the youngster out to California for a birthday party. The R&B star was overcome with emotion when she heard the story of 16-year-old Jessica Harris, who lives in Brandy's hometown of McComb, Mississippi.
The teenager suffers from hypoplastic left heart syndrome and, due to insurance reasons, is not eligible for a transplant until January. Brandy reached out to Harris and her family and invited them to join her in California for an early birthday party on Sunday, October 24, ahead of the teen's upcoming 17th celebrations next month.
The singer treated her guests to a limousine ride, a tour of Los Angeles, a spa treatment and the chance to watch her perform on "Dancing with the Stars". Brandy also hosted a dinner for Harris with her own relatives.
Brandy tells ETOnline, "I heard about Jessica Harris from my mom; her story was in the local paper in our hometown and the story just completely moved me. I was in tears and I was just really touched. Jessica needs a heart transplant - I want to do whatever it takes to put her story out there to get her help. People can donate. If any doctors are interested in helping her, any hospitals that are interested, this is why I'm doing this. It is a race against time."
"She has an amazing story, and for me to be a part of it is amazing; I just want to be a part of her life in any way I can. I just think creating special memories for someone like her is so important." Harris adds of her trip to Los Angeles, "It's like a dream come true. I've always looked up to her as a little girl."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked