Ray Davies Worries Losing 'Freedom of Movement ' in U.K.
Ray Davies fears civil liberties will be eroded by the U.K.'s new coalition government - insisting terrorism will be used as "an excuse" to prevent Brits moving abroad. The Kinks star is adamant "freedom of movement" is being gradually restricted in his native U.K. to stop citizens from seeking a better life overseas.
And he believes the threat of more terrorist attacks on planes is the perfect way of making it "impossible for people to get out" of the country. He tells Uncut magazine, "I think by this time next year, our rights to leave will be taken from us. Our rights to leave the country will be... It will be more difficult for us to leave the country... Because they'll stop us. The government. Our rights will be gradually eroded. There'll be no freedom of movement. They'll use terrorism as an excuse."
"I sound crazy, but so be it. They're eroding our rights to travel. No, I'm talking about reality... We're a small country now. We're a weak country. People are trying to get out and escape. But they're going to make it impossible for people to get out."
- Tyga Spotted Shopping With Scott Disick Amidst Claims Rapper Is Bisexual
- Charo Threatens to Quit 'DWTS' Amid Complaints of Unfair Scores
- The Weeknd and Selena Gomez Plan 'Summer Wedding' in Europe
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- 'Santa Clarita Diet' Scores Second Season Renewal on Netflix
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports