Ray Davies Worries Losing 'Freedom of Movement ' in U.K.
Ray Davies fears civil liberties will be eroded by the U.K.'s new coalition government - insisting terrorism will be used as "an excuse" to prevent Brits moving abroad. The Kinks star is adamant "freedom of movement" is being gradually restricted in his native U.K. to stop citizens from seeking a better life overseas.
And he believes the threat of more terrorist attacks on planes is the perfect way of making it "impossible for people to get out" of the country. He tells Uncut magazine, "I think by this time next year, our rights to leave will be taken from us. Our rights to leave the country will be... It will be more difficult for us to leave the country... Because they'll stop us. The government. Our rights will be gradually eroded. There'll be no freedom of movement. They'll use terrorism as an excuse."
"I sound crazy, but so be it. They're eroding our rights to travel. No, I'm talking about reality... We're a small country now. We're a weak country. People are trying to get out and escape. But they're going to make it impossible for people to get out."
- Jamie Bell in Talks to Be the New James Bond
- First Look at Katherine Waterston's Daniels in 'Alien: Covenant' Image
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Plan $10M Lawsuit to Silence Former Bodyguard
- Justin Bieber Spotted on Dinner Date With Nicola Peltz
- Take a Peek at Gwen Stefani's 'Misery' Music Video in This Teaser
- Miranda Lambert Closes Her Boutique, Sells Building to Ex-Husband Blake Shelton
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?