Ray Davies Worries Losing 'Freedom of Movement ' in U.K.
Ray Davies fears civil liberties will be eroded by the U.K.'s new coalition government - insisting terrorism will be used as "an excuse" to prevent Brits moving abroad. The Kinks star is adamant "freedom of movement" is being gradually restricted in his native U.K. to stop citizens from seeking a better life overseas.
And he believes the threat of more terrorist attacks on planes is the perfect way of making it "impossible for people to get out" of the country. He tells Uncut magazine, "I think by this time next year, our rights to leave will be taken from us. Our rights to leave the country will be... It will be more difficult for us to leave the country... Because they'll stop us. The government. Our rights will be gradually eroded. There'll be no freedom of movement. They'll use terrorism as an excuse."
"I sound crazy, but so be it. They're eroding our rights to travel. No, I'm talking about reality... We're a small country now. We're a weak country. People are trying to get out and escape. But they're going to make it impossible for people to get out."
- Bella Thorne Gets Nipple Piercing, Shares Naked Photo
- Is Drake Cheating on J.Lo With This Porn Star in Amsterdam?
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci