Ray Davies Worries Losing 'Freedom of Movement ' in U.K.
Ray Davies fears civil liberties will be eroded by the U.K.'s new coalition government - insisting terrorism will be used as "an excuse" to prevent Brits moving abroad. The Kinks star is adamant "freedom of movement" is being gradually restricted in his native U.K. to stop citizens from seeking a better life overseas.
And he believes the threat of more terrorist attacks on planes is the perfect way of making it "impossible for people to get out" of the country. He tells Uncut magazine, "I think by this time next year, our rights to leave will be taken from us. Our rights to leave the country will be... It will be more difficult for us to leave the country... Because they'll stop us. The government. Our rights will be gradually eroded. There'll be no freedom of movement. They'll use terrorism as an excuse."
"I sound crazy, but so be it. They're eroding our rights to travel. No, I'm talking about reality... We're a small country now. We're a weak country. People are trying to get out and escape. But they're going to make it impossible for people to get out."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'