Ray Davies Worries Losing 'Freedom of Movement ' in U.K.
Ray Davies fears civil liberties will be eroded by the U.K.'s new coalition government - insisting terrorism will be used as "an excuse" to prevent Brits moving abroad. The Kinks star is adamant "freedom of movement" is being gradually restricted in his native U.K. to stop citizens from seeking a better life overseas.
And he believes the threat of more terrorist attacks on planes is the perfect way of making it "impossible for people to get out" of the country. He tells Uncut magazine, "I think by this time next year, our rights to leave will be taken from us. Our rights to leave the country will be... It will be more difficult for us to leave the country... Because they'll stop us. The government. Our rights will be gradually eroded. There'll be no freedom of movement. They'll use terrorism as an excuse."
"I sound crazy, but so be it. They're eroding our rights to travel. No, I'm talking about reality... We're a small country now. We're a weak country. People are trying to get out and escape. But they're going to make it impossible for people to get out."
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman