Eva Mendes, Jessica Biel, Rachel Weisz's Directorial Debuts Premiered
Eva Mendes, Jessica Biel and Rachel Weisz have unveiled their directorial debuts at the annual Glamour Reel Moments event in Los Angeles. The three actresses stepped behind the camera for the first time as part of the magazine's yearly project, which sees women tackle short films based on readers' real-life stories.
Mendes put forward a movie called "California Romanza", which stars Christina Ricci, while Rachel Weisz directed "The Thief" and Biel helmed "Sodalis", about the friendship of two young girls. All three films were unveiled at a star-studded ceremony in L.A. on Monday, October 25 night.
The trio follows in the footsteps of past contributors including Jennifer Aniston, Gwyneth Paltrow, Courteney Cox, Kate Hudson and Kirsten Dunst.
Demi Moore, who has also taken part in the project in the past, attended the event and later wrote a message to the three actresses on her Twitter.com page: "Celebrating this year's Glamour Reel Moments directorial debuts of 3 amazing women Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes & Rachel Weisz! Great work ladies!"
More Eva Mendes News
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'