Claire Danes, Elijah Wood Participate in Urgent Broadway Production
Eva Mendes, Elijah Wood, Julia Stiles, America Ferrera and Claire Danes are among the stars who have signed up for a theatrical marathon in New York's "24 Hour Plays on Broadway".
The annual event sees actors, writers and directors team up to create, rehearse and perform a new piece of work in just 24 hours. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" star Christopher Meloni and singer Gloria Estefan have also agreed to take part in the charity performances, which will be shown to the public on November 15.
Actress Rosie Perez, who takes part every year, says, "It's pure chaos. I tell all the actors when we begin, 'You will probably have a nervous breakdown. It's normal - go with it. If you're not having a nervous breakdown or some type of anxiety attack, you're doing something wrong...' It's nerve-racking. I've seen actors lose it. I've seen myself lose it. I'm better now, but the first year I was like, 'This is insanity. Who the hell thought of this?' "
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle