Michael Jackson Is Top-Earning Deceased Celebrity
Michael Jackson has topped a list of the highest-earning deceased celebrities, making more money in the past year than Elvis Presley and John Lennon. "The Thriller" icon, who died in June last year, posthumously pulled in $275 million over the past 12 months with his back catalog and merchandising deals.
His concert film "This Is It", which documented preparations for his ill-fated London stage residency, also made $250 million at the box office. Jackson's earnings were greater than the total combined earnings of the 12 other dead stars on Forbes magazine's list, including Presley, "Lord of the Rings" author J.R.R. Tolkien, "Peanuts" animator Charles Schulz and Beatles legend Lennon, who rounded out the top five respectively.
More Michael Jackson News
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli