Michael Jackson Is Top-Earning Deceased Celebrity
Michael Jackson has topped a list of the highest-earning deceased celebrities, making more money in the past year than Elvis Presley and John Lennon. "The Thriller" icon, who died in June last year, posthumously pulled in $275 million over the past 12 months with his back catalog and merchandising deals.
His concert film "This Is It", which documented preparations for his ill-fated London stage residency, also made $250 million at the box office. Jackson's earnings were greater than the total combined earnings of the 12 other dead stars on Forbes magazine's list, including Presley, "Lord of the Rings" author J.R.R. Tolkien, "Peanuts" animator Charles Schulz and Beatles legend Lennon, who rounded out the top five respectively.
More Michael Jackson News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie