Michael Jackson Is Top-Earning Deceased Celebrity
Michael Jackson has topped a list of the highest-earning deceased celebrities, making more money in the past year than Elvis Presley and John Lennon. "The Thriller" icon, who died in June last year, posthumously pulled in $275 million over the past 12 months with his back catalog and merchandising deals.
His concert film "This Is It", which documented preparations for his ill-fated London stage residency, also made $250 million at the box office. Jackson's earnings were greater than the total combined earnings of the 12 other dead stars on Forbes magazine's list, including Presley, "Lord of the Rings" author J.R.R. Tolkien, "Peanuts" animator Charles Schulz and Beatles legend Lennon, who rounded out the top five respectively.
More Michael Jackson News
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017