Ryan Gosling Not as Popular as Justin Timberlake in Mickey Mouse Club
Ryan Gosling was "disheartened" by his early showbiz experiences on The Mickey Mouse Club - because he didn't feel as talented as his co-stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. The actor sang, danced and acted on the now-defunct variety TV show alongside fellow Mouseketeers Timberlake, Spears and Christina Aguilera.
But he admits he struggled to live up to his castmates' performances and was left hurt when they were favored by producers. He tells Interview magazine, "It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn't really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do."
"I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I'd have a sketch here or there, but I didn't end up working that much, which was disheartening."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio