Ryan Gosling Not as Popular as Justin Timberlake in Mickey Mouse Club
Ryan Gosling was "disheartened" by his early showbiz experiences on The Mickey Mouse Club - because he didn't feel as talented as his co-stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. The actor sang, danced and acted on the now-defunct variety TV show alongside fellow Mouseketeers Timberlake, Spears and Christina Aguilera.
But he admits he struggled to live up to his castmates' performances and was left hurt when they were favored by producers. He tells Interview magazine, "It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn't really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do."
"I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I'd have a sketch here or there, but I didn't end up working that much, which was disheartening."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour