Ryan Gosling Not as Popular as Justin Timberlake in Mickey Mouse Club
Ryan Gosling was "disheartened" by his early showbiz experiences on The Mickey Mouse Club - because he didn't feel as talented as his co-stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. The actor sang, danced and acted on the now-defunct variety TV show alongside fellow Mouseketeers Timberlake, Spears and Christina Aguilera.
But he admits he struggled to live up to his castmates' performances and was left hurt when they were favored by producers. He tells Interview magazine, "It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn't really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do."
"I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I'd have a sketch here or there, but I didn't end up working that much, which was disheartening."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'