Ryan Gosling Not as Popular as Justin Timberlake in Mickey Mouse Club
Ryan Gosling was "disheartened" by his early showbiz experiences on The Mickey Mouse Club - because he didn't feel as talented as his co-stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. The actor sang, danced and acted on the now-defunct variety TV show alongside fellow Mouseketeers Timberlake, Spears and Christina Aguilera.
But he admits he struggled to live up to his castmates' performances and was left hurt when they were favored by producers. He tells Interview magazine, "It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn't really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do."
"I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I'd have a sketch here or there, but I didn't end up working that much, which was disheartening."
More Ryan Gosling News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville