Ryan Gosling Not as Popular as Justin Timberlake in Mickey Mouse Club
Ryan Gosling was "disheartened" by his early showbiz experiences on The Mickey Mouse Club - because he didn't feel as talented as his co-stars Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears. The actor sang, danced and acted on the now-defunct variety TV show alongside fellow Mouseketeers Timberlake, Spears and Christina Aguilera.
But he admits he struggled to live up to his castmates' performances and was left hurt when they were favored by producers. He tells Interview magazine, "It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn't really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do."
"I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out. I would just come in at the beginning of the show and then come back at the end, and occasionally I'd have a sketch here or there, but I didn't end up working that much, which was disheartening."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2