Micah Sloat Initially Refused to Return to 'Paranormal Activity 2'
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat initially turned down the chance to return for the film's sequel "Paranormal Activity 2" because he felt sure it would be an awful idea. The actor became an overnight sensation when he starred in the low-budget 2007 horror film but he had serious reservations about agreeing to be part of the follow-up, which stormed to the top of the U.S. box office at the weekend.
He tells WENN, "When I was initially approached to be part of the sequel I thought, 'There's no way that I wanna be part of that trainwreck'. Along with most of the fans, I just thought it was going to be a money-grabbing, slapdash effort but when (screenwriters/producers) Oren (Peli) and Jason (Blum) signed on and Steven (Schneider) and (director) Tod Williams - and then I read the screenplay - I thought, 'All the pieces are in place'."
"I got really excited at that point, and it's a great film." And now Sloat is keeping an open mind about a third film - because he's desperate to know what happens next. He adds, "If the script is good and they ask me, I'm onboard, especially if the same team comes back to produce. There's so many loose ends and threads hanging off the first two movies."
"We all wanna know what happens to the baby from the sequel... At the end of the sequel, that's what you're asking yourself and I wanna know myself. I'm kinda worried for the baby."
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up