Micah Sloat Initially Refused to Return to 'Paranormal Activity 2'
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat initially turned down the chance to return for the film's sequel "Paranormal Activity 2" because he felt sure it would be an awful idea. The actor became an overnight sensation when he starred in the low-budget 2007 horror film but he had serious reservations about agreeing to be part of the follow-up, which stormed to the top of the U.S. box office at the weekend.
He tells WENN, "When I was initially approached to be part of the sequel I thought, 'There's no way that I wanna be part of that trainwreck'. Along with most of the fans, I just thought it was going to be a money-grabbing, slapdash effort but when (screenwriters/producers) Oren (Peli) and Jason (Blum) signed on and Steven (Schneider) and (director) Tod Williams - and then I read the screenplay - I thought, 'All the pieces are in place'."
"I got really excited at that point, and it's a great film." And now Sloat is keeping an open mind about a third film - because he's desperate to know what happens next. He adds, "If the script is good and they ask me, I'm onboard, especially if the same team comes back to produce. There's so many loose ends and threads hanging off the first two movies."
"We all wanna know what happens to the baby from the sequel... At the end of the sequel, that's what you're asking yourself and I wanna know myself. I'm kinda worried for the baby."
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke