Micah Sloat Initially Refused to Return to 'Paranormal Activity 2'
"Paranormal Activity" star Micah Sloat initially turned down the chance to return for the film's sequel "Paranormal Activity 2" because he felt sure it would be an awful idea. The actor became an overnight sensation when he starred in the low-budget 2007 horror film but he had serious reservations about agreeing to be part of the follow-up, which stormed to the top of the U.S. box office at the weekend.
He tells WENN, "When I was initially approached to be part of the sequel I thought, 'There's no way that I wanna be part of that trainwreck'. Along with most of the fans, I just thought it was going to be a money-grabbing, slapdash effort but when (screenwriters/producers) Oren (Peli) and Jason (Blum) signed on and Steven (Schneider) and (director) Tod Williams - and then I read the screenplay - I thought, 'All the pieces are in place'."
"I got really excited at that point, and it's a great film." And now Sloat is keeping an open mind about a third film - because he's desperate to know what happens next. He adds, "If the script is good and they ask me, I'm onboard, especially if the same team comes back to produce. There's so many loose ends and threads hanging off the first two movies."
"We all wanna know what happens to the baby from the sequel... At the end of the sequel, that's what you're asking yourself and I wanna know myself. I'm kinda worried for the baby."
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role