Christina Aguilera Attempts to Disqualify Divorce Judge
Christina Aguilera's divorce has got off to a rocky start - her lawyer has filed a motion to disqualify the assigned judge from hearing the case. The singer announced her separation from Jordan Bratman earlier this month and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the nearly five-year union.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elia Weinbach was assigned to the case. However, Aguilera's lawyer Laura Wasser has filed legal documents disqualifying Weinbach from hearing the proceedings, reports TMZ.com.
Further details regarding the motion had not been released as WENN went to press.
The singer, who shares a two year old son with Bratman, has refused to comment on the reasons behind the split.
More Christina Aguilera News
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago