Christina Aguilera Attempts to Disqualify Divorce Judge
Christina Aguilera's divorce has got off to a rocky start - her lawyer has filed a motion to disqualify the assigned judge from hearing the case. The singer announced her separation from Jordan Bratman earlier this month and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the nearly five-year union.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elia Weinbach was assigned to the case. However, Aguilera's lawyer Laura Wasser has filed legal documents disqualifying Weinbach from hearing the proceedings, reports TMZ.com.
Further details regarding the motion had not been released as WENN went to press.
The singer, who shares a two year old son with Bratman, has refused to comment on the reasons behind the split.
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her