Christina Aguilera Attempts to Disqualify Divorce Judge
Christina Aguilera's divorce has got off to a rocky start - her lawyer has filed a motion to disqualify the assigned judge from hearing the case. The singer announced her separation from Jordan Bratman earlier this month and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the nearly five-year union.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elia Weinbach was assigned to the case. However, Aguilera's lawyer Laura Wasser has filed legal documents disqualifying Weinbach from hearing the proceedings, reports TMZ.com.
Further details regarding the motion had not been released as WENN went to press.
The singer, who shares a two year old son with Bratman, has refused to comment on the reasons behind the split.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed