Christina Aguilera Attempts to Disqualify Divorce Judge
Christina Aguilera's divorce has got off to a rocky start - her lawyer has filed a motion to disqualify the assigned judge from hearing the case. The singer announced her separation from Jordan Bratman earlier this month and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the nearly five-year union.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elia Weinbach was assigned to the case. However, Aguilera's lawyer Laura Wasser has filed legal documents disqualifying Weinbach from hearing the proceedings, reports TMZ.com.
Further details regarding the motion had not been released as WENN went to press.
The singer, who shares a two year old son with Bratman, has refused to comment on the reasons behind the split.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?