Christina Aguilera Attempts to Disqualify Divorce Judge
Christina Aguilera's divorce has got off to a rocky start - her lawyer has filed a motion to disqualify the assigned judge from hearing the case. The singer announced her separation from Jordan Bratman earlier this month and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the nearly five-year union.
Los Angeles County Superior Court Judge Elia Weinbach was assigned to the case. However, Aguilera's lawyer Laura Wasser has filed legal documents disqualifying Weinbach from hearing the proceedings, reports TMZ.com.
Further details regarding the motion had not been released as WENN went to press.
The singer, who shares a two year old son with Bratman, has refused to comment on the reasons behind the split.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child