Katie Price Recounts Painful but Failed IVF Treatment
British glamor model Katie Price has opened up about her battle to conceive a baby with her new husband Alex Reid, describing her misery after months of failed fertility treatments. The TV star, also known as Jordan, is mother to two children with her ex-husband Peter Andre, as well as a son from a previous relationship, and Price admits when she married cagefighter Reid in February she was desperate to have a child with him.
After eights months of trying to conceive, the couple consulted doctors and embarked on a series of painful in vitro fertilisation (IVF) treatments, but the 32-year-old star has still failed to fall pregnant. In her new book, "You Only Live Once", she writes, "After marrying Alex I had only one thing on my mind - having another baby. I'd love to have another four, in fact."
"But by April 2010, after we had been trying for eight months, I became so worried we made an appointment with a fertility doctor... Tests revealed neither of us had a fertility problem, but the sperm simply weren't connecting with the egg... We were having ICSI (Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection) which has a 65% success rate."
Price was convinced she was pregnant after her first treatment, but was devastated when she realized the process had been unsuccessful: "For the first few days I held on to the feeling of optimism, but then the waiting got to me. Then I started experiencing stomach cramps and bleeding. A wave of shock and disappointment went through me..."
But Price is refusing to give up hope of having a baby with her husband, and will consider adopting in the future. She adds, "I know I'm lucky to have three beautiful children. While Alex doesn't yet have a biological child, he is still part of a family with kids. I am sure we'll have a baby together one day. If we aren't successful in our attempts then we will adopt."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed