June 22, 2017  

Matthew Newton Told to Stay Away From Ex-Fiancee Rachael Taylor

October 26, 2010 (2:57 am) GMT
Newton will be prevented from approaching or contacting Taylor, whom he allegedly assaulted during a summer vacation, unless it is through lawyers.
Matthew Newton Told to Stay Away From Ex-Fiancee Rachael Taylor

Australian actor Matthew Newton has signed a consent order which will ban him from contacting his former fiancee, "" star . Taylor broke off the engagement over the summer and her lawyers later went to court in Sydney to apply for an apprehended violence order (AVO) against the star.

The papers revealed Taylor had accused Newton of several "unprovoked violent assaults" during a vacation in Europe in August. A court granted a temporary order to keep the pair apart last month and now magistrates in Sydney have officially sanctioned the AVO, which will see Newton jailed for up to two years if he breaches the terms of the agreement.

Newton will be prevented from approaching or contacting Taylor unless it is through lawyers. He is also banned from entering buildings where she lives or works and from approaching her family. Newton's lawyer, Christopher Murphy, confirmed his client had signed "a consent order without admissions to the complaint".

Speaking outside the Sydney court, Taylor told reporters, "I'm enormously humbled by the support that I've had. Today was a first and necessary step. I'm very happy to be spending more time in Sydney safely."

Follow us :

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
  2. 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
  3. 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
  4. 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
  5. Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
  6. 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
  7. 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
  8. Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna