Blake Shelton Choked Back Tears When Inducted Into Grand Ole Opry
Country star Blake Shelton choked back tears as he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in
Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday, October 23. More than 4,000 fans turned out to watch Shelton perform and become the newest member of the music Mecca.
He sang with Trace Adkins on their duet, "Hillbilly Bone", and his pal later presented him with the bronze-and-oak Opry Member Award, reports People.com. Adkins told him, "It means the world to me to say Blake Shelton, you're the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry!"
And Shelton became emotional as he expressed his gratitude, telling the crowd: "This is the reason you come to Nashville if you're me. This is what I wanted from the beginning, to make a mark. I get the same feeling walking into the Opry House as I do when I see one of my heroes. The Grand Ole Opry is an artist, and I am proud to be one of its songs."
More Blake Shelton News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce