Blake Shelton Choked Back Tears When Inducted Into Grand Ole Opry
Country star Blake Shelton choked back tears as he was inducted into the Grand Ole Opry in
Nashville, Tennessee on Saturday, October 23. More than 4,000 fans turned out to watch Shelton perform and become the newest member of the music Mecca.
He sang with Trace Adkins on their duet, "Hillbilly Bone", and his pal later presented him with the bronze-and-oak Opry Member Award, reports People.com. Adkins told him, "It means the world to me to say Blake Shelton, you're the newest member of the Grand Ole Opry!"
And Shelton became emotional as he expressed his gratitude, telling the crowd: "This is the reason you come to Nashville if you're me. This is what I wanted from the beginning, to make a mark. I get the same feeling walking into the Opry House as I do when I see one of my heroes. The Grand Ole Opry is an artist, and I am proud to be one of its songs."
More Blake Shelton News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake