Robert Pattinson Explains Why He Turned Down Simon Cowell's Music Deal
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson turned down a lucrative record deal with Simon Cowell because he was convinced no one would like his music. The actor, who plays guitar and piano, and composes his own songs, has rejected offers from several major music companies and admits former "American Idol" judge Cowell was desperate to recruit him for his own firm.
But Pattinson insists he wouldn't fit in with the reality TV star's talent roster - because Cowell only works with artists who are popular with the public. He says, "I love Simon, I think he is a great personality and I think his shows are entertaining. He is a clever guy and he created artists that he knows the public will like, that's why I don't think he could ever launch my music career."
"I am selfish with my music. I get my guitar and I play what I like, but the problem is I don't think many other people would like it." But Pattinson is confident his music will be appreciated someday, adding: "I am sure I'll be one of those artists that people don't pay any attention to while I'm alive, and when I am dead people will go yeah, man, that was a work of art."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!