Robert Pattinson Explains Why He Turned Down Simon Cowell's Music Deal
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson turned down a lucrative record deal with Simon Cowell because he was convinced no one would like his music. The actor, who plays guitar and piano, and composes his own songs, has rejected offers from several major music companies and admits former "American Idol" judge Cowell was desperate to recruit him for his own firm.
But Pattinson insists he wouldn't fit in with the reality TV star's talent roster - because Cowell only works with artists who are popular with the public. He says, "I love Simon, I think he is a great personality and I think his shows are entertaining. He is a clever guy and he created artists that he knows the public will like, that's why I don't think he could ever launch my music career."
"I am selfish with my music. I get my guitar and I play what I like, but the problem is I don't think many other people would like it." But Pattinson is confident his music will be appreciated someday, adding: "I am sure I'll be one of those artists that people don't pay any attention to while I'm alive, and when I am dead people will go yeah, man, that was a work of art."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'