Robert Pattinson Explains Why He Turned Down Simon Cowell's Music Deal
"Twilight" star Robert Pattinson turned down a lucrative record deal with Simon Cowell because he was convinced no one would like his music. The actor, who plays guitar and piano, and composes his own songs, has rejected offers from several major music companies and admits former "American Idol" judge Cowell was desperate to recruit him for his own firm.
But Pattinson insists he wouldn't fit in with the reality TV star's talent roster - because Cowell only works with artists who are popular with the public. He says, "I love Simon, I think he is a great personality and I think his shows are entertaining. He is a clever guy and he created artists that he knows the public will like, that's why I don't think he could ever launch my music career."
"I am selfish with my music. I get my guitar and I play what I like, but the problem is I don't think many other people would like it." But Pattinson is confident his music will be appreciated someday, adding: "I am sure I'll be one of those artists that people don't pay any attention to while I'm alive, and when I am dead people will go yeah, man, that was a work of art."
More Robert Pattinson News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri