Russell Simmons Struggling to Receive Apology From Courtney Love
Courtney Love is making Russell Simmons grovel for her forgiveness - she has been ignoring the hip-hop mogul's calls to apologize for branding her a "crackhead" after she posted nude images of herself online. The Hole frontwoman was left red-faced after accidentally uploading raunchy photos meant for a lover on social networking website Twitter earlier this month.
Simmons joked about the scandal last week, October 19, telling the New York Post his pal, who has a history of drug abuse, must have been under the influence when she sent the explicit photos to the public. He told the New York Post, "I think she is a sweet girl... It's probably exciting to be a crackhead."
Love hit back at Simmons and insisted she was "insulted" by his comment and the rap icon has been trying to make amends since. He took to his own Twitter page on Friday, October 22, writing "Gotta lay off green juice (fast), allowed the media to string my words together and insult friend Courtney Love."
But Simmons is struggling to contact Love to make a personal apology. He tells the newspaper, "My joke about Courtney Love was more about me than Courtney. She is a talented, sweet girl who, like me and everyone else, is in constant reform. I've been calling her but haven't been able to reach her yet. I hope she still considers me a friend."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Kanye West Debuts 'Fade' Music Video, Talks About Taylor Swift in Speech
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Not Married Despite That Ring on Her Finger
- 'Don't Breathe' Scares 'Suicide Squad' Away From Box Office's No. 1
- MTV VMAs 2016: Drake, Calvin Harris and Fifth Harmony Among Early Winners
- MTV VMAs 2016: Watch Rihanna, Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj's Performances
- Ariana Grande Confirms She's Dating Mac Miller at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Frank Ocean Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Blonde'
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce Is Snow Queen, Kim Kardashian and Nicki Minaj Show Skin on Red Carpet