Kanye West Stuns Fans at Brooklyn Festival With Surprise Set
Rap superstar Kanye West sent concert-goers in Brooklyn, New York into a frenzy in the early hours of Sunday, October 24 when he played a surprise set of his new material as part of the Offline Festival. The event, staged by Pitchfork Media, was held at Brooklyn Bowl and Saturday's, October 23 show was headlined by DJ A-Trak to celebrate the three year anniversary of Fool's Gold Records.
But A-Trak had a big treat in store for fans, bringing out West for a four-song set at around 2.30 A.M. on Sunday. The hip-hop star drew screams from the crowd when he ran out on stage and launched into "Monster", his new star-studded collaboration with Jay-Z, Rick Ross and Nicki Minaj.
He also performed "Power", "Devil in a New Dress" and "Runaway", much to the audience's delight. And rap fans got more than their $10 ticket's worth at the show - A-Trak then introduced Wu-Tang Clan star GZA to the stage for another performance.
Kanye West at Brooklyn Festival:
More Kanye West News
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'