Adrian Edmondson Felt Useless During Jennifer Saunders' Cancer Battle
British funnyman Adrian Edmondson felt useless as his wife Jennifer Saunders battled cancer because there was nothing he could do to help the star. The "Absolutely Fabulous" actress was diagnosed with breast cancer last October 2009, but remained silent about her struggle until she was given the all-clear by doctors in June this year.
Now Edmondson has opened up about the "horrible" ordeal, revealing Saunders has to wait five years to see if she has fully beaten the "horrible" disease. He says, "The chemotherapy knocks you out and that's just brutal."
"You're hooked up to drips and things for three or four hours once a week. It's just grinding. It's horrible. And, the hardest thing was, there's nothing I could do to take it away."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch