Kings of Leon Sit Atop British Albums Chart
Kings of Leon are at the top of the U.K. albums chart after selling more copies of "Come Around Sundown" in its first week than any other release this year. The band scored a new record for digital sales in any album's opening week after selling 49,000 downloads and 183,000 copies. "Come Around Sundown" is the rockers' third number one in the U.K.
British singer Robbie Williams came second with "In and out of Consciousness" while London rapper Tinie Tempah's "Disc Overy" was third and The Beatles came fourth with a new compilation of remastered hits.
Newlywed Katy Perry who married funnyman Russell Brand in India on Saturday, October 23, rounded out the top five with "Teenage Dream". The pop star also held the number five spot in the singles chart with new entry "Firework".
But it was Bruno Mars who had the best-selling single of the week with "Just the Way You Are", holding off competition from "Heart Vacancy" by British boyband The Wanted. Dance anthem "Barbra Streisand" by Duck Sauce and Cee-Lo's "Forget You" came in third and fourth, respectively.
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting