Kings of Leon Sit Atop British Albums Chart
Kings of Leon are at the top of the U.K. albums chart after selling more copies of "Come Around Sundown" in its first week than any other release this year. The band scored a new record for digital sales in any album's opening week after selling 49,000 downloads and 183,000 copies. "Come Around Sundown" is the rockers' third number one in the U.K.
British singer Robbie Williams came second with "In and out of Consciousness" while London rapper Tinie Tempah's "Disc Overy" was third and The Beatles came fourth with a new compilation of remastered hits.
Newlywed Katy Perry who married funnyman Russell Brand in India on Saturday, October 23, rounded out the top five with "Teenage Dream". The pop star also held the number five spot in the singles chart with new entry "Firework".
But it was Bruno Mars who had the best-selling single of the week with "Just the Way You Are", holding off competition from "Heart Vacancy" by British boyband The Wanted. Dance anthem "Barbra Streisand" by Duck Sauce and Cee-Lo's "Forget You" came in third and fourth, respectively.
More Kings of Leon News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle