Kings of Leon Sit Atop British Albums Chart
Kings of Leon are at the top of the U.K. albums chart after selling more copies of "Come Around Sundown" in its first week than any other release this year. The band scored a new record for digital sales in any album's opening week after selling 49,000 downloads and 183,000 copies. "Come Around Sundown" is the rockers' third number one in the U.K.
British singer Robbie Williams came second with "In and out of Consciousness" while London rapper Tinie Tempah's "Disc Overy" was third and The Beatles came fourth with a new compilation of remastered hits.
Newlywed Katy Perry who married funnyman Russell Brand in India on Saturday, October 23, rounded out the top five with "Teenage Dream". The pop star also held the number five spot in the singles chart with new entry "Firework".
But it was Bruno Mars who had the best-selling single of the week with "Just the Way You Are", holding off competition from "Heart Vacancy" by British boyband The Wanted. Dance anthem "Barbra Streisand" by Duck Sauce and Cee-Lo's "Forget You" came in third and fourth, respectively.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour