Kings of Leon Sit Atop British Albums Chart
Kings of Leon are at the top of the U.K. albums chart after selling more copies of "Come Around Sundown" in its first week than any other release this year. The band scored a new record for digital sales in any album's opening week after selling 49,000 downloads and 183,000 copies. "Come Around Sundown" is the rockers' third number one in the U.K.
British singer Robbie Williams came second with "In and out of Consciousness" while London rapper Tinie Tempah's "Disc Overy" was third and The Beatles came fourth with a new compilation of remastered hits.
Newlywed Katy Perry who married funnyman Russell Brand in India on Saturday, October 23, rounded out the top five with "Teenage Dream". The pop star also held the number five spot in the singles chart with new entry "Firework".
But it was Bruno Mars who had the best-selling single of the week with "Just the Way You Are", holding off competition from "Heart Vacancy" by British boyband The Wanted. Dance anthem "Barbra Streisand" by Duck Sauce and Cee-Lo's "Forget You" came in third and fourth, respectively.
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?