Drug Dealer Never Regrets Setting Up The Rolling Stones
The drug dealer the The Rolling Stones blamed for setting them up in a high-profile raid on Keith Richards' England home in the 1960s "never showed any remorse" for almost ruining the rockers' careers, according to the police informant's former lover. Richards and Mick Jagger faced charges for possession of cannabis and amphetamines after cops stormed the guitarist's Sussex country estate during a wild party in 1967.
For years the pair blamed a man known only as the Acid King for tipping off cops about the drug and alcohol-fueled bash, because he disappeared and was never seen again after supplying them with the illegal substances. In his new autobiography, "Life", Richards revealed the identity of the Acid King as David Sniderman, claiming he was a police informant who worked with authorities to target the Stones, amid fears about the rockers' growing influence over British youths.
Now the U.K.'s Mail on Sunday newspaper reports Sniderman was a failed actor from Toronto, Canada, who was recruited by undercover agents from the U.K. and U.S. to help discredit the band. Sniderman reportedly escaped to Hollywood after the drug raid and changed his name to David Jove, working as a film producer and director.
And according to his ex-girlfriend, talent agent Maggie Abbott, Sniderman never regretted turning the Stones over to the authorities. She says, "David was a heavy drug user but had a quick wit. He was the perfect choice to infiltrate the Stones."
"He never showed any remorse for what he did. It was all about how he had been 'the victim'. He was a totally selfish person. Mick had been my friend as well as a client and I thought about trying to persuade David to come clean publicly. But he was always armed with a handgun and I feared that if I gave him away, he'd shoot me."
Sniderman allegedly agreed to set up the rock legends after he was caught carrying marijuana through U.K. customs. He died in 2004.
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle