Kelly Osbourne Grateful She Didn't End Up Like Michael Jackson
Kelly Osbourne is relieved she's managed to overcome her painkiller addiction - because she fears she would have suffered the same fate as Michael Jackson. Ozzy Osbourne's daughter has a long history of substance abuse but successfully conquered her demons following several stints in rehab.
The reality star has now opened up about her drug problems in a new interview with British journalist Piers Morgan, revealing at the height of her downward spiral she was taking up to 50 pills a day. And she is still haunted by the deaths of stars like the late King of Pop, who died from an overdose of prescription painkillers, because she is convinced she was heading down the same tragic path.
In an upcoming episode of "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", she says, "At the start I only took one (pill) every weekend. Then it was one every weekday, then two a day, then three. By the end I was taking so many pills I was on my hands and knees vomiting blood because the drug was ripping away my stomach lining. I was taking 50 a day, more than twice the legal dosage, and every day I took one more, hoping I wouldn't wake up."
"If I hadn't gone into rehab then, I'm sure I wouldn't be here now. I feel very lucky because people die every day from taking painkillers like Vicodin, and I was taking much more than them. Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy - the list goes on. But I got a chance to fix my life."
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger