Kelly Osbourne Grateful She Didn't End Up Like Michael Jackson
Kelly Osbourne is relieved she's managed to overcome her painkiller addiction - because she fears she would have suffered the same fate as Michael Jackson. Ozzy Osbourne's daughter has a long history of substance abuse but successfully conquered her demons following several stints in rehab.
The reality star has now opened up about her drug problems in a new interview with British journalist Piers Morgan, revealing at the height of her downward spiral she was taking up to 50 pills a day. And she is still haunted by the deaths of stars like the late King of Pop, who died from an overdose of prescription painkillers, because she is convinced she was heading down the same tragic path.
In an upcoming episode of "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", she says, "At the start I only took one (pill) every weekend. Then it was one every weekday, then two a day, then three. By the end I was taking so many pills I was on my hands and knees vomiting blood because the drug was ripping away my stomach lining. I was taking 50 a day, more than twice the legal dosage, and every day I took one more, hoping I wouldn't wake up."
"If I hadn't gone into rehab then, I'm sure I wouldn't be here now. I feel very lucky because people die every day from taking painkillers like Vicodin, and I was taking much more than them. Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy - the list goes on. But I got a chance to fix my life."
More Kelly Osbourn News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video