Kelly Osbourne Grateful She Didn't End Up Like Michael Jackson
Kelly Osbourne is relieved she's managed to overcome her painkiller addiction - because she fears she would have suffered the same fate as Michael Jackson. Ozzy Osbourne's daughter has a long history of substance abuse but successfully conquered her demons following several stints in rehab.
The reality star has now opened up about her drug problems in a new interview with British journalist Piers Morgan, revealing at the height of her downward spiral she was taking up to 50 pills a day. And she is still haunted by the deaths of stars like the late King of Pop, who died from an overdose of prescription painkillers, because she is convinced she was heading down the same tragic path.
In an upcoming episode of "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", she says, "At the start I only took one (pill) every weekend. Then it was one every weekday, then two a day, then three. By the end I was taking so many pills I was on my hands and knees vomiting blood because the drug was ripping away my stomach lining. I was taking 50 a day, more than twice the legal dosage, and every day I took one more, hoping I wouldn't wake up."
"If I hadn't gone into rehab then, I'm sure I wouldn't be here now. I feel very lucky because people die every day from taking painkillers like Vicodin, and I was taking much more than them. Michael Jackson, Brittany Murphy - the list goes on. But I got a chance to fix my life."
More Kelly Osbourn News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'