Margaret Thatcher 'a Lot Brighter' After Hospitalization
Former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher is recovering at home following a stint in hospital earlier this week. The 'Iron Lady' was forced to pull out of her 85th birthday party at her former residence, 10 Downing Street in London, on October 13 because she was too ill to attend.
Thatcher then sparked further fears for her health when she was taken to Cromwell Hospital in the British capital on Tuesday, October 18 as a "precautionary measure". But her spokesperson has now revealed she is resting at home and is showing signs of improvement.
The rep says, "She is a lot brighter, sitting up in a chair in her own room." Concerns for Thatcher's health have escalated following a number of strokes. She broke her arm in a fall at her home in 2009.
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital