Natalie Portman's Father Upset With Her Love Scenes in 'Black Swan'
Actress Natalie Portman has reportedly upset her father with her portrayal of a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", because he deems the explicit sex scenes as "degrading". The "Star Wars" beauty plays troubled dancer Nina in the upcoming Darren Aronofsky movie, which sees the actress engaging in raunchy love scenes with co-star Mila Kunis.
But the same-sex romance has driven a wedge between Portman and her conservative father, Dr. Avner Hershlag, who disapproves of her latest career move, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Natalie is a very private and dignified person and is often influenced by her father's approval."
"This, however, was one role she simply didn't want to turn down even though she knew it would upset her father. He still sees her as his baby and always will and thinks showing herself like this is degrading. Things are very frosty between them right now."
More Natalie Portman News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'