Natalie Portman's Father Upset With Her Love Scenes in 'Black Swan'
Actress Natalie Portman has reportedly upset her father with her portrayal of a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", because he deems the explicit sex scenes as "degrading". The "Star Wars" beauty plays troubled dancer Nina in the upcoming Darren Aronofsky movie, which sees the actress engaging in raunchy love scenes with co-star Mila Kunis.
But the same-sex romance has driven a wedge between Portman and her conservative father, Dr. Avner Hershlag, who disapproves of her latest career move, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Natalie is a very private and dignified person and is often influenced by her father's approval."
"This, however, was one role she simply didn't want to turn down even though she knew it would upset her father. He still sees her as his baby and always will and thinks showing herself like this is degrading. Things are very frosty between them right now."
More Natalie Portman News
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest