Natalie Portman's Father Upset With Her Love Scenes in 'Black Swan'
Actress Natalie Portman has reportedly upset her father with her portrayal of a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", because he deems the explicit sex scenes as "degrading". The "Star Wars" beauty plays troubled dancer Nina in the upcoming Darren Aronofsky movie, which sees the actress engaging in raunchy love scenes with co-star Mila Kunis.
But the same-sex romance has driven a wedge between Portman and her conservative father, Dr. Avner Hershlag, who disapproves of her latest career move, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Natalie is a very private and dignified person and is often influenced by her father's approval."
"This, however, was one role she simply didn't want to turn down even though she knew it would upset her father. He still sees her as his baby and always will and thinks showing herself like this is degrading. Things are very frosty between them right now."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding