Natalie Portman's Father Upset With Her Love Scenes in 'Black Swan'
Actress Natalie Portman has reportedly upset her father with her portrayal of a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", because he deems the explicit sex scenes as "degrading". The "Star Wars" beauty plays troubled dancer Nina in the upcoming Darren Aronofsky movie, which sees the actress engaging in raunchy love scenes with co-star Mila Kunis.
But the same-sex romance has driven a wedge between Portman and her conservative father, Dr. Avner Hershlag, who disapproves of her latest career move, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Natalie is a very private and dignified person and is often influenced by her father's approval."
"This, however, was one role she simply didn't want to turn down even though she knew it would upset her father. He still sees her as his baby and always will and thinks showing herself like this is degrading. Things are very frosty between them right now."
More Natalie Portman News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo