Natalie Portman's Father Upset With Her Love Scenes in 'Black Swan'
Actress Natalie Portman has reportedly upset her father with her portrayal of a lesbian ballerina in new thriller "Black Swan", because he deems the explicit sex scenes as "degrading". The "Star Wars" beauty plays troubled dancer Nina in the upcoming Darren Aronofsky movie, which sees the actress engaging in raunchy love scenes with co-star Mila Kunis.
But the same-sex romance has driven a wedge between Portman and her conservative father, Dr. Avner Hershlag, who disapproves of her latest career move, according to Britain's Mail on Sunday newspaper. A source tells the publication, "Natalie is a very private and dignified person and is often influenced by her father's approval."
"This, however, was one role she simply didn't want to turn down even though she knew it would upset her father. He still sees her as his baby and always will and thinks showing herself like this is degrading. Things are very frosty between them right now."
More Natalie Portman News
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.