Singer Bernie Nolan Beats Breast Cancer
Singer Bernie Nolan has beaten cancer - she has been given the all-clear after completing months of chemotherapy treatment. The Nolans star was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and began grueling sessions of debilitating therapy to treat it.
Now the 50 year old has spoken of her joy after doctors successfully gave her a mastectomy and reconstructed her breast. She tells Britain's News of the World, "It feels like cancer has been an interruption in my life. Now it's gone, I'm back. And I'm just so happy I've beaten it."
"Beforehand I was very apprehensive. I had a meeting with the surgeons and they went into so much detail to prepare me that I thought, 'Argh, too much information... just wake me up when it's over.' Knowing exactly what was going to happen upset me a little. It was a scary thing..."
"The next thing I knew I was getting ready for the operation then I woke up five hours later and it was all done. I thought, 'They've cut the b**tard out. It's gone'."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics