Singer Bernie Nolan Beats Breast Cancer
Singer Bernie Nolan has beaten cancer - she has been given the all-clear after completing months of chemotherapy treatment. The Nolans star was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and began grueling sessions of debilitating therapy to treat it.
Now the 50 year old has spoken of her joy after doctors successfully gave her a mastectomy and reconstructed her breast. She tells Britain's News of the World, "It feels like cancer has been an interruption in my life. Now it's gone, I'm back. And I'm just so happy I've beaten it."
"Beforehand I was very apprehensive. I had a meeting with the surgeons and they went into so much detail to prepare me that I thought, 'Argh, too much information... just wake me up when it's over.' Knowing exactly what was going to happen upset me a little. It was a scary thing..."
"The next thing I knew I was getting ready for the operation then I woke up five hours later and it was all done. I thought, 'They've cut the b**tard out. It's gone'."
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'