Singer Bernie Nolan Beats Breast Cancer
Singer Bernie Nolan has beaten cancer - she has been given the all-clear after completing months of chemotherapy treatment. The Nolans star was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and began grueling sessions of debilitating therapy to treat it.
Now the 50 year old has spoken of her joy after doctors successfully gave her a mastectomy and reconstructed her breast. She tells Britain's News of the World, "It feels like cancer has been an interruption in my life. Now it's gone, I'm back. And I'm just so happy I've beaten it."
"Beforehand I was very apprehensive. I had a meeting with the surgeons and they went into so much detail to prepare me that I thought, 'Argh, too much information... just wake me up when it's over.' Knowing exactly what was going to happen upset me a little. It was a scary thing..."
"The next thing I knew I was getting ready for the operation then I woke up five hours later and it was all done. I thought, 'They've cut the b**tard out. It's gone'."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered