Singer Bernie Nolan Beats Breast Cancer
Singer Bernie Nolan has beaten cancer - she has been given the all-clear after completing months of chemotherapy treatment. The Nolans star was diagnosed with breast cancer in April and began grueling sessions of debilitating therapy to treat it.
Now the 50 year old has spoken of her joy after doctors successfully gave her a mastectomy and reconstructed her breast. She tells Britain's News of the World, "It feels like cancer has been an interruption in my life. Now it's gone, I'm back. And I'm just so happy I've beaten it."
"Beforehand I was very apprehensive. I had a meeting with the surgeons and they went into so much detail to prepare me that I thought, 'Argh, too much information... just wake me up when it's over.' Knowing exactly what was going to happen upset me a little. It was a scary thing..."
"The next thing I knew I was getting ready for the operation then I woke up five hours later and it was all done. I thought, 'They've cut the b**tard out. It's gone'."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story