No Charges Against Russell Brand's Guards in India
Newly-married funnyman Russell Brand won't have to be questioned by cops after all - assault charges stemming from an alleged altercation between his security guards and photographers have been dropped.
Just days before the British comic married singer Katy Perry in an Indian ceremony on Saturday, October 23 paparazzi photographers clashed with minders during a safari trip. Snappers claimed a member of the actor's entourage approached their vehicle, punched the driver in the face and stole his car keys.
A statement from Ranthambhore police read, "The photographers have filed an official complaint of assault and all witnesses, including Mr. Brand, will be questioned about this." But the security staff involved have reportedly attended a local police station, apologized to the photographers and all charges have been dropped.
More Russell Brand News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones