No Charges Against Russell Brand's Guards in India
Newly-married funnyman Russell Brand won't have to be questioned by cops after all - assault charges stemming from an alleged altercation between his security guards and photographers have been dropped.
Just days before the British comic married singer Katy Perry in an Indian ceremony on Saturday, October 23 paparazzi photographers clashed with minders during a safari trip. Snappers claimed a member of the actor's entourage approached their vehicle, punched the driver in the face and stole his car keys.
A statement from Ranthambhore police read, "The photographers have filed an official complaint of assault and all witnesses, including Mr. Brand, will be questioned about this." But the security staff involved have reportedly attended a local police station, apologized to the photographers and all charges have been dropped.
More Russell Brand News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story