Residents of Georgia File Request to Overturn T.I.'s Recent Jail Sentence
Residents of T.I.'s hometown have filed a court motion asking a judge to overturn the rapper's recent jail sentence and send him to rehab instead. The hip-hop star, who hails from Atlanta, Georgia, was handed an 11-month jail sentence last week for breaching his probation following an arrest in Los Angeles, which saw him and his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle booked on drug possession charges.
T.I. completed a prison stint on weapons charges last year and is expected to head back to jail when he surrenders to authorities within the next two weeks. But new court documents filed by "Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia" are asking officials to grant the star a reprieve and swap his jail time for a stint in a drug treatment center, according to TMZ.com.
T.I.'s lawyers have confirmed they know nothing about the legal papers and have no plans to appeal the rapper's sentence.
More T.I. News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones