Residents of Georgia File Request to Overturn T.I.'s Recent Jail Sentence
Residents of T.I.'s hometown have filed a court motion asking a judge to overturn the rapper's recent jail sentence and send him to rehab instead. The hip-hop star, who hails from Atlanta, Georgia, was handed an 11-month jail sentence last week for breaching his probation following an arrest in Los Angeles, which saw him and his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle booked on drug possession charges.
T.I. completed a prison stint on weapons charges last year and is expected to head back to jail when he surrenders to authorities within the next two weeks. But new court documents filed by "Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia" are asking officials to grant the star a reprieve and swap his jail time for a stint in a drug treatment center, according to TMZ.com.
T.I.'s lawyers have confirmed they know nothing about the legal papers and have no plans to appeal the rapper's sentence.
More T.I. News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'