Residents of Georgia File Request to Overturn T.I.'s Recent Jail Sentence
Residents of T.I.'s hometown have filed a court motion asking a judge to overturn the rapper's recent jail sentence and send him to rehab instead. The hip-hop star, who hails from Atlanta, Georgia, was handed an 11-month jail sentence last week for breaching his probation following an arrest in Los Angeles, which saw him and his wife Tameka 'Tiny' Cottle booked on drug possession charges.
T.I. completed a prison stint on weapons charges last year and is expected to head back to jail when he surrenders to authorities within the next two weeks. But new court documents filed by "Citizens of the State of Atlanta Georgia" are asking officials to grant the star a reprieve and swap his jail time for a stint in a drug treatment center, according to TMZ.com.
T.I.'s lawyers have confirmed they know nothing about the legal papers and have no plans to appeal the rapper's sentence.
More T.I. News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role