Oprah Winfrey Returns to Big Screen With Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is set to return to the big screen with two Oscar-winners after signing up to star in a new movie with Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep. The TV host, who was herself nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 1985's "The Color Purple", will appear in a currently-untitled new comedy created by "Sex and the City" writer Michael Patrick King.
Winfrey, Bullock and Meryl Streep will star in the film set around a home-shopping TV channel, following the three ladies who "make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media," according to a statement from the Universal film studio.
The role will be Winfrey's first onscreen part since 1999's "Beloved".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked