Oprah Winfrey Returns to Big Screen With Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is set to return to the big screen with two Oscar-winners after signing up to star in a new movie with Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep. The TV host, who was herself nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 1985's "The Color Purple", will appear in a currently-untitled new comedy created by "Sex and the City" writer Michael Patrick King.
Winfrey, Bullock and Meryl Streep will star in the film set around a home-shopping TV channel, following the three ladies who "make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media," according to a statement from the Universal film studio.
The role will be Winfrey's first onscreen part since 1999's "Beloved".
More Oprah Winfrey News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered