Oprah Winfrey Returns to Big Screen With Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is set to return to the big screen with two Oscar-winners after signing up to star in a new movie with Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep. The TV host, who was herself nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 1985's "The Color Purple", will appear in a currently-untitled new comedy created by "Sex and the City" writer Michael Patrick King.
Winfrey, Bullock and Meryl Streep will star in the film set around a home-shopping TV channel, following the three ladies who "make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media," according to a statement from the Universal film studio.
The role will be Winfrey's first onscreen part since 1999's "Beloved".
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment