Oprah Winfrey Returns to Big Screen With Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is set to return to the big screen with two Oscar-winners after signing up to star in a new movie with Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep. The TV host, who was herself nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 1985's "The Color Purple", will appear in a currently-untitled new comedy created by "Sex and the City" writer Michael Patrick King.
Winfrey, Bullock and Meryl Streep will star in the film set around a home-shopping TV channel, following the three ladies who "make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media," according to a statement from the Universal film studio.
The role will be Winfrey's first onscreen part since 1999's "Beloved".
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed