Oprah Winfrey Returns to Big Screen With Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep
Media mogul Oprah Winfrey is set to return to the big screen with two Oscar-winners after signing up to star in a new movie with Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep. The TV host, who was herself nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 1985's "The Color Purple", will appear in a currently-untitled new comedy created by "Sex and the City" writer Michael Patrick King.
Winfrey, Bullock and Meryl Streep will star in the film set around a home-shopping TV channel, following the three ladies who "make their way through the maze of mania that surrounds marketing, marriages and the media," according to a statement from the Universal film studio.
The role will be Winfrey's first onscreen part since 1999's "Beloved".
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6
- Rob Kardashian's Threat Is Apparently Why Blac Chyna Got Invited to Khloe's Birthday Party
- Kylie Jenner Is Getting Fancy New Car. Another Gift From Tyga?
- Fifth Harmony's Camila Cabello Goes Solo Again for Charity Song 'Power in Me'