'Star Trek' Actor Leonard Nimoy Recovering After Abdominal Surgery
Veteran "Star Trek" icon Leonard Nimoy is recovering after undergoing "a minor benign abdominal surgery", according to his representative. The 79-year-old actor, famous for playing Star Trek Vulcan Spock on the original sci-fi TV series, missed an appearance at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art on Thursday, October 21 to undergo the procedure.
However, his rep tells TMZ.com the actor is "recovering beautifully". Further details regarding the illness were not available as WENN went to press.
Beside known for his "Star Trek" role, Leonard Nimoy also landed a recurring role in "Mission: Impossible" TV series. He has recently appeared in several episodes of "Fringe" as Dr. William Bell.
Nimoy is currently married to actress Susan Bay, who is a cousin of filmmaker Michael Bay.
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'