'Star Trek' Actor Leonard Nimoy Recovering After Abdominal Surgery
Veteran "Star Trek" icon Leonard Nimoy is recovering after undergoing "a minor benign abdominal surgery", according to his representative. The 79-year-old actor, famous for playing Star Trek Vulcan Spock on the original sci-fi TV series, missed an appearance at the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art on Thursday, October 21 to undergo the procedure.
However, his rep tells TMZ.com the actor is "recovering beautifully". Further details regarding the illness were not available as WENN went to press.
Beside known for his "Star Trek" role, Leonard Nimoy also landed a recurring role in "Mission: Impossible" TV series. He has recently appeared in several episodes of "Fringe" as Dr. William Bell.
Nimoy is currently married to actress Susan Bay, who is a cousin of filmmaker Michael Bay.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby