Hugh Jackman Attempts to End World Poverty
"X-Men" star Hugh Jackman took the stage at a charity evening in New York on Wednesday, October 20 night to help stamp out world poverty. The Hollywood actor helped launch the Global Poverty Project's new awareness movie "1.4 Billion Reasons" at Manhattan's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), in front of a star-studded audience which included Gerard Butler and fashion designer Donna Karan.
Jackman urged the crowd to send a text message donation to the charity and offered his services as a "technical adviser" in case any guests were unable to figure out the system, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
The Australian star also offered up a personal training session with him as an auction prize to help raise money, joking, "Don't worry, we'll make the workout aerobics."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!