Hugh Jackman Attempts to End World Poverty
"X-Men" star Hugh Jackman took the stage at a charity evening in New York on Wednesday, October 20 night to help stamp out world poverty. The Hollywood actor helped launch the Global Poverty Project's new awareness movie "1.4 Billion Reasons" at Manhattan's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), in front of a star-studded audience which included Gerard Butler and fashion designer Donna Karan.
Jackman urged the crowd to send a text message donation to the charity and offered his services as a "technical adviser" in case any guests were unable to figure out the system, according to New York Post gossip column Page Six.
The Australian star also offered up a personal training session with him as an auction prize to help raise money, joking, "Don't worry, we'll make the workout aerobics."
More Hugh Jackman News
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video
- Justin Bieber Strips Down to Underwear, Holds His Crotch in Bizarre Racy Picture
- Is Nick Jonas Dating Lily Collins? Here's the Truth
- Andy Samberg Really Is a 'Weirdo' on New Freestyle From 'Popstar'
- Ben Affleck Spotted Wearing Eyeliner During Outing With Jennifer Garner and Kids
- 'Run's House' Star Angela Simmons Expecting First Child. See Her Baby Bump