Swizz Beatz Sued for $1.5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
Alicia Keys' husband Swizz Beatz is facing a lawsuit from a songwriter who alleges the producer failed to credit him on a track he worked on for rapper Cassidy. Antwann Frost filed suit this week claiming he and Swizz Beatz co-produced a track called "My Drink 'n My 2 Step" in 2007 for the hip-hop star's third album "B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story".
But Frost was not acknowledged with a producing credit for his work and he alleges Swizz Beatz - real name Kasseem Dean - later offered him $5,000 and five per cent ownership of the song. Frost insists he rejected the offer and is now taking his complaint to court, seeking $1.5 million and equal ownership of the track with Swizz Beatz and Cassidy, according to TMZ.com.
Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys recently welcomed their first baby and named the tot Egypt Daoud Dean.
More Swizz Beatz News
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts
- Here's Ben Affleck's Reaction to Viral #SadAffleck Meme
- Ali Fedotowsky on Corinne's Raunchy Acts on 'Bachelor': 'I Find That Truly Sad'
- 'White Men Can't Jump' Remake Is in the Works
- Ed Sheeran Scores First No. 1 Hit on Billboard Hot 100 With 'Shape of You', Makes Chart History
- Nina Dobrev Reveals She Accidentally Exposed Her Genitals During Bikini-Clad Photoshoot
- Nicki Minaj and Meek Mill Apparently Only Fake Their Breakup
- NFL Bans Lady GaGa From Talking About Politics at Super Bowl