Swizz Beatz Sued for $1.5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
Alicia Keys' husband Swizz Beatz is facing a lawsuit from a songwriter who alleges the producer failed to credit him on a track he worked on for rapper Cassidy. Antwann Frost filed suit this week claiming he and Swizz Beatz co-produced a track called "My Drink 'n My 2 Step" in 2007 for the hip-hop star's third album "B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story".
But Frost was not acknowledged with a producing credit for his work and he alleges Swizz Beatz - real name Kasseem Dean - later offered him $5,000 and five per cent ownership of the song. Frost insists he rejected the offer and is now taking his complaint to court, seeking $1.5 million and equal ownership of the track with Swizz Beatz and Cassidy, according to TMZ.com.
Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys recently welcomed their first baby and named the tot Egypt Daoud Dean.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd