Swizz Beatz Sued for $1.5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
Alicia Keys' husband Swizz Beatz is facing a lawsuit from a songwriter who alleges the producer failed to credit him on a track he worked on for rapper Cassidy. Antwann Frost filed suit this week claiming he and Swizz Beatz co-produced a track called "My Drink 'n My 2 Step" in 2007 for the hip-hop star's third album "B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story".
But Frost was not acknowledged with a producing credit for his work and he alleges Swizz Beatz - real name Kasseem Dean - later offered him $5,000 and five per cent ownership of the song. Frost insists he rejected the offer and is now taking his complaint to court, seeking $1.5 million and equal ownership of the track with Swizz Beatz and Cassidy, according to TMZ.com.
Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys recently welcomed their first baby and named the tot Egypt Daoud Dean.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding