Swizz Beatz Sued for $1.5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
Alicia Keys' husband Swizz Beatz is facing a lawsuit from a songwriter who alleges the producer failed to credit him on a track he worked on for rapper Cassidy. Antwann Frost filed suit this week claiming he and Swizz Beatz co-produced a track called "My Drink 'n My 2 Step" in 2007 for the hip-hop star's third album "B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story".
But Frost was not acknowledged with a producing credit for his work and he alleges Swizz Beatz - real name Kasseem Dean - later offered him $5,000 and five per cent ownership of the song. Frost insists he rejected the offer and is now taking his complaint to court, seeking $1.5 million and equal ownership of the track with Swizz Beatz and Cassidy, according to TMZ.com.
Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys recently welcomed their first baby and named the tot Egypt Daoud Dean.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia