Swizz Beatz Sued for $1.5 Million in Royalty Lawsuit
Alicia Keys' husband Swizz Beatz is facing a lawsuit from a songwriter who alleges the producer failed to credit him on a track he worked on for rapper Cassidy. Antwann Frost filed suit this week claiming he and Swizz Beatz co-produced a track called "My Drink 'n My 2 Step" in 2007 for the hip-hop star's third album "B.A.R.S.: The Barry Adrian Reese Story".
But Frost was not acknowledged with a producing credit for his work and he alleges Swizz Beatz - real name Kasseem Dean - later offered him $5,000 and five per cent ownership of the song. Frost insists he rejected the offer and is now taking his complaint to court, seeking $1.5 million and equal ownership of the track with Swizz Beatz and Cassidy, according to TMZ.com.
Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys recently welcomed their first baby and named the tot Egypt Daoud Dean.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival