Bun B to Teach at Houston's Rice University
Rap veteran Bun B is turning teacher to school university students in his native Texas about hip-hop and religion. The UGK legend will take charge of a course at Houston's Rice University next spring, and he's already got an action plan in place should wannabe rappers try to slip him their demo tapes during class.
He tells XXL magazine, "If they're coming into the course specifically to give me a demo... that's a wrap on the first day. My plan was to out a (demo) box on the desk, and the box is going to stay there and everybody stays there until the course if over. Nobody gets to listen to (any demos) until the course is over."
And he's already showing off his university identification online - he's posted a photo of the card bearing his real name Bernard Freeman and describing him as a "distinguished lecturer".
Bun B isn't the first hip-hop star to return to school as a teacher - Public Enemy's Chuck D delivered a lecture at a women's university in Mississippi in February, while producer 9th Wonder has taught classes on African-American Studies at Duke University in North Carolina.
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!
- Katy Perry's New Album in the Works, Tour to Follow in 2017
- Justin Bieber Launches Another Bizarre Rant
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards