Bun B to Teach at Houston's Rice University
Rap veteran Bun B is turning teacher to school university students in his native Texas about hip-hop and religion. The UGK legend will take charge of a course at Houston's Rice University next spring, and he's already got an action plan in place should wannabe rappers try to slip him their demo tapes during class.
He tells XXL magazine, "If they're coming into the course specifically to give me a demo... that's a wrap on the first day. My plan was to out a (demo) box on the desk, and the box is going to stay there and everybody stays there until the course if over. Nobody gets to listen to (any demos) until the course is over."
And he's already showing off his university identification online - he's posted a photo of the card bearing his real name Bernard Freeman and describing him as a "distinguished lecturer".
Bun B isn't the first hip-hop star to return to school as a teacher - Public Enemy's Chuck D delivered a lecture at a women's university in Mississippi in February, while producer 9th Wonder has taught classes on African-American Studies at Duke University in North Carolina.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie