Bun B to Teach at Houston's Rice University
Rap veteran Bun B is turning teacher to school university students in his native Texas about hip-hop and religion. The UGK legend will take charge of a course at Houston's Rice University next spring, and he's already got an action plan in place should wannabe rappers try to slip him their demo tapes during class.
He tells XXL magazine, "If they're coming into the course specifically to give me a demo... that's a wrap on the first day. My plan was to out a (demo) box on the desk, and the box is going to stay there and everybody stays there until the course if over. Nobody gets to listen to (any demos) until the course is over."
And he's already showing off his university identification online - he's posted a photo of the card bearing his real name Bernard Freeman and describing him as a "distinguished lecturer".
Bun B isn't the first hip-hop star to return to school as a teacher - Public Enemy's Chuck D delivered a lecture at a women's university in Mississippi in February, while producer 9th Wonder has taught classes on African-American Studies at Duke University in North Carolina.
- John Legend Expresses His Anger and Hope in 'In America'
- Ryan Gosling Explains His Giggle During Oscar Fiasco
- Report: Kevin Hart's Wife Eniko Pregnant With Their First Child
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Starts Filming in Scotland, Set Photos and Video Arrive
- 'Orphan Black' Unveils First Photos and Details of Final Season
- Hailey Baldwin Fuels Cameron Dallas Dating Rumors as They're Spotted Grabbing Lunch Together
- Donald Trump and Wife Melania Reportedly Sleep in Separate Bedrooms and Never Spend a Night Together
- Iggy Azalea Is Twerking in Sneak Peek of 'Mo Bounce' Music Video