Bun B to Teach at Houston's Rice University
Rap veteran Bun B is turning teacher to school university students in his native Texas about hip-hop and religion. The UGK legend will take charge of a course at Houston's Rice University next spring, and he's already got an action plan in place should wannabe rappers try to slip him their demo tapes during class.
He tells XXL magazine, "If they're coming into the course specifically to give me a demo... that's a wrap on the first day. My plan was to out a (demo) box on the desk, and the box is going to stay there and everybody stays there until the course if over. Nobody gets to listen to (any demos) until the course is over."
And he's already showing off his university identification online - he's posted a photo of the card bearing his real name Bernard Freeman and describing him as a "distinguished lecturer".
Bun B isn't the first hip-hop star to return to school as a teacher - Public Enemy's Chuck D delivered a lecture at a women's university in Mississippi in February, while producer 9th Wonder has taught classes on African-American Studies at Duke University in North Carolina.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris