Bun B to Teach at Houston's Rice University
Rap veteran Bun B is turning teacher to school university students in his native Texas about hip-hop and religion. The UGK legend will take charge of a course at Houston's Rice University next spring, and he's already got an action plan in place should wannabe rappers try to slip him their demo tapes during class.
He tells XXL magazine, "If they're coming into the course specifically to give me a demo... that's a wrap on the first day. My plan was to out a (demo) box on the desk, and the box is going to stay there and everybody stays there until the course if over. Nobody gets to listen to (any demos) until the course is over."
And he's already showing off his university identification online - he's posted a photo of the card bearing his real name Bernard Freeman and describing him as a "distinguished lecturer".
Bun B isn't the first hip-hop star to return to school as a teacher - Public Enemy's Chuck D delivered a lecture at a women's university in Mississippi in February, while producer 9th Wonder has taught classes on African-American Studies at Duke University in North Carolina.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier