Kate Nash Pays Tribute to Late Ari Up
British singer Kate Nash has paid tribute to late The Slits rocker Ari Up, crediting the punk star with shaping her musical tastes. Up, Sex Pistols rocker John Lydon's step-daughter, died on Wednesday, October 20 after suffering a "serious illness". She was 48.
Foundations hitmaker Nash has spoken out about the sad news and revealed Up inspired her to carve out a career in music, as well as helping her develop strong opinions as a woman. She says, "Because of (her Cut) album, I developed my musical tastes, bought records and learnt about feminism and politics and how important the link between music and those issues are."
"I also felt confidence as a teenage girl, I felt liberated and empowered and that I could be smart, musical and creative and that maybe somehow I could make a difference in the world too."
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards