Kate Nash Pays Tribute to Late Ari Up
British singer Kate Nash has paid tribute to late The Slits rocker Ari Up, crediting the punk star with shaping her musical tastes. Up, Sex Pistols rocker John Lydon's step-daughter, died on Wednesday, October 20 after suffering a "serious illness". She was 48.
Foundations hitmaker Nash has spoken out about the sad news and revealed Up inspired her to carve out a career in music, as well as helping her develop strong opinions as a woman. She says, "Because of (her Cut) album, I developed my musical tastes, bought records and learnt about feminism and politics and how important the link between music and those issues are."
"I also felt confidence as a teenage girl, I felt liberated and empowered and that I could be smart, musical and creative and that maybe somehow I could make a difference in the world too."
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart