Kate Nash Pays Tribute to Late Ari Up
British singer Kate Nash has paid tribute to late The Slits rocker Ari Up, crediting the punk star with shaping her musical tastes. Up, Sex Pistols rocker John Lydon's step-daughter, died on Wednesday, October 20 after suffering a "serious illness". She was 48.
Foundations hitmaker Nash has spoken out about the sad news and revealed Up inspired her to carve out a career in music, as well as helping her develop strong opinions as a woman. She says, "Because of (her Cut) album, I developed my musical tastes, bought records and learnt about feminism and politics and how important the link between music and those issues are."
"I also felt confidence as a teenage girl, I felt liberated and empowered and that I could be smart, musical and creative and that maybe somehow I could make a difference in the world too."
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift