Kate Nash Pays Tribute to Late Ari Up
British singer Kate Nash has paid tribute to late The Slits rocker Ari Up, crediting the punk star with shaping her musical tastes. Up, Sex Pistols rocker John Lydon's step-daughter, died on Wednesday, October 20 after suffering a "serious illness". She was 48.
Foundations hitmaker Nash has spoken out about the sad news and revealed Up inspired her to carve out a career in music, as well as helping her develop strong opinions as a woman. She says, "Because of (her Cut) album, I developed my musical tastes, bought records and learnt about feminism and politics and how important the link between music and those issues are."
"I also felt confidence as a teenage girl, I felt liberated and empowered and that I could be smart, musical and creative and that maybe somehow I could make a difference in the world too."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed