Kate Nash Pays Tribute to Late Ari Up
British singer Kate Nash has paid tribute to late The Slits rocker Ari Up, crediting the punk star with shaping her musical tastes. Up, Sex Pistols rocker John Lydon's step-daughter, died on Wednesday, October 20 after suffering a "serious illness". She was 48.
Foundations hitmaker Nash has spoken out about the sad news and revealed Up inspired her to carve out a career in music, as well as helping her develop strong opinions as a woman. She says, "Because of (her Cut) album, I developed my musical tastes, bought records and learnt about feminism and politics and how important the link between music and those issues are."
"I also felt confidence as a teenage girl, I felt liberated and empowered and that I could be smart, musical and creative and that maybe somehow I could make a difference in the world too."
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked