Oksana Grigorieva's Motion to Halt Computer Seize Denied by Judge
Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has lost her fight against allowing cops to seize her computer as part of an investigation into extortion allegations. The "Braveheart" star and the Russian singer are currently embroiled in a bitter custody battle over of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva is also under a police investigation over allegations she attempted to extort money from Gibson in exchange for keeping private audio tapes of their shocking arguments out of the public domain. Lawyers working for Grigorieva asked a judge not to allow a recently issued search warrant to extend to her personal computer, insisting the device contained private snaps of her breastfeeding her baby daughter, as well as unreleased music tracks.
But on Thursday, October 21, Judge Scott Gordon told Grigorieva's legal team, "For me to begin to limit law enforcement functions in the investigation is premature at this time... therefore this motion is denied." Following the ruling, a furious Grigorieva slammed the decision, telling TMZ.com, "My life is inside that computer... it's something I don't particularly want anybody to have."
"Pictures, videos, pictures of Mel's family... it's all there... the last six years. It's my entire life, what right do they have? I'm not an extortionist, there was never an attempt at extortion... I never even asked for money."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7