Oksana Grigorieva's Motion to Halt Computer Seize Denied by Judge
Mel Gibson's ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva has lost her fight against allowing cops to seize her computer as part of an investigation into extortion allegations. The "Braveheart" star and the Russian singer are currently embroiled in a bitter custody battle over of their baby daughter Lucia, following their split earlier this year.
Grigorieva is also under a police investigation over allegations she attempted to extort money from Gibson in exchange for keeping private audio tapes of their shocking arguments out of the public domain. Lawyers working for Grigorieva asked a judge not to allow a recently issued search warrant to extend to her personal computer, insisting the device contained private snaps of her breastfeeding her baby daughter, as well as unreleased music tracks.
But on Thursday, October 21, Judge Scott Gordon told Grigorieva's legal team, "For me to begin to limit law enforcement functions in the investigation is premature at this time... therefore this motion is denied." Following the ruling, a furious Grigorieva slammed the decision, telling TMZ.com, "My life is inside that computer... it's something I don't particularly want anybody to have."
"Pictures, videos, pictures of Mel's family... it's all there... the last six years. It's my entire life, what right do they have? I'm not an extortionist, there was never an attempt at extortion... I never even asked for money."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame