Robert Downey Jr. Glad He Didn't Turn Into a Spendthrift Multimillionaire
Robert Downey Jr. fears he'd have hangars full of cars and antiques if he'd been as successful as he is now during his drug abuse hell in the 1990s. The "Iron Man" star has turned his life around following a series of drug-related arrests and rehab stints but admits his bad reputation in Hollywood saved him from becoming a spendthrift multimillionaire.
He tells Playboy magazine, "If I'd busted all the right moves, gotten on Antabuse (used to treat chronic addiction) or something, and done the stuff I'm doing now back then, I guarantee you I'd have a hangar filled with vintage this and that and maybe even a bronze of myself... a real squander-fest."
But maturity has made the actor spend more wisely, saying "Now a splurge to me is getting a bunch of T-shirts or sneakers. And I still look at the prices because I think everything is ridiculous."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC
- Kiersey Clemons Confirmed to Star as Iris West in 'The Flash' Movie
- Mariah Carey's Fiance James Packer Grabs Her Boob While Partying in Italy
- 'The Bachelorette': JoJo Picks Final Two After Ruining a Suitor's Fantasy Suite Date
- Justin Bieber and Cody Simpson's Unreleased Song 'Stay Together' Surfaces Online
- 'He's a Dirty Dog!' Sharon Osbourne Blasts Ozzy for Comments on Their Marriage
- Katharine McPhee and Boyfriend Elyes Gabel Call It Quits After Two Years