Robert Downey Jr. Glad He Didn't Turn Into a Spendthrift Multimillionaire
Robert Downey Jr. fears he'd have hangars full of cars and antiques if he'd been as successful as he is now during his drug abuse hell in the 1990s. The "Iron Man" star has turned his life around following a series of drug-related arrests and rehab stints but admits his bad reputation in Hollywood saved him from becoming a spendthrift multimillionaire.
He tells Playboy magazine, "If I'd busted all the right moves, gotten on Antabuse (used to treat chronic addiction) or something, and done the stuff I'm doing now back then, I guarantee you I'd have a hangar filled with vintage this and that and maybe even a bronze of myself... a real squander-fest."
But maturity has made the actor spend more wisely, saying "Now a splurge to me is getting a bunch of T-shirts or sneakers. And I still look at the prices because I think everything is ridiculous."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective