Robert Downey Jr. Glad He Didn't Turn Into a Spendthrift Multimillionaire
Robert Downey Jr. fears he'd have hangars full of cars and antiques if he'd been as successful as he is now during his drug abuse hell in the 1990s. The "Iron Man" star has turned his life around following a series of drug-related arrests and rehab stints but admits his bad reputation in Hollywood saved him from becoming a spendthrift multimillionaire.
He tells Playboy magazine, "If I'd busted all the right moves, gotten on Antabuse (used to treat chronic addiction) or something, and done the stuff I'm doing now back then, I guarantee you I'd have a hangar filled with vintage this and that and maybe even a bronze of myself... a real squander-fest."
But maturity has made the actor spend more wisely, saying "Now a splurge to me is getting a bunch of T-shirts or sneakers. And I still look at the prices because I think everything is ridiculous."
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip