Gospel Singer Tye Tribbett Contemplated Suicide After Love Affair
Gospel singer Tye Tribbett suffered from such terrible depression during the breakdown of his marriage, he contemplated suicide "almost every day". Tribbett's relationship with his wife Shante became strained after he admitted to having an affair with a woman from his choir, Greater Anointing, in 2009.
The damage to their marriage was compounded when Shante sought revenge by cheating on Tribbett with another man, sending him spiraling into a deep depression. He tells the Associated Press, "I thought it was something that'll never happen. I saw infidelity with my mum and dad who was a pastor, which made them split. I told myself that I would never do that. So when it happened in my marriage, it was like 'Whoa.' God broke down my self-righteousness, my pride..."
"When I was between my house and mum's home (during the separation), I was contemplating suicide - almost every day." But the couple, which shares two daughters, has since patched up its relationship, and Tribbett insists the union is now stronger than ever.
He adds, "Every second, it's like we are texting each other. We've been married for 13 years, but it's kind of like we are dating again. Personally, this is a fresh start for me as a husband and a father."
- Ron Howard Officially Announced to Direct Han Solo Movie
- 'Bachelor' Alum Leah Block Apologizes for Racist 'Bachelorette' Tweet
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna