Usher Cheated on Chilli After His Marriage Proposal Was Rejected
R&B hunk Usher cheated on ex-girlfriend Rozonda Thomas aka Chilli after the TLC star rejected his proposal for marriage. The "Yeah!" singer dated Thomas for two years before they split in December 2003, amid rumors he had been unfaithful.
Thomas confirmed the claims during a radio interview two months later, telling an Atlanta, Georgia DJ, "Usher did the ultimate no-no to me... I will never be with him again, and that is that." Usher has since come clean about the allegations and admitted to cheating, but in a new interview with Vibe magazine, he insists he was driven into another woman's arms after Thomas turned down his offer to become his wife.
He says, "I wasn't happy. And I left the relationship as a result of it. There's no honor, I guess, in cheating. But there is honor in honesty, I guess... If I know I can't be faithful or I'm not happy, then we shouldn't be together. I wanted more. I wanted to be married to that woman. I wanted to marry her. I asked her to marry me! She said no. Who the f**k is gon'...? Come on, man. You gon' stay faithful... (after she said no)?!"
Usher went on to wed stylist Tameka Foster in 2007, but he filed for divorce in 2009. He refused to entertain the idea of staying in his troubled marriage with Foster for the sake of their two sons, because he didn't want to give up on finding lasting love.
The "OMG" hitmaker filed for divorce from stylist Foster in June 2009, insisting the couple, which wed in 2007, had not lived together for over a year, despite welcoming second son Naviyd in December 2008. But Usher insists the idea of remaining married so they could raise their kids together in a family environment was not an option that appealed to him.
He tells Vibe magazine, "They would only be looking at a product of something that I'm tolerating or she's tolerating. I don't wanna be tolerated. I wanna be loved. I don't want to tolerate someone. I wanna love them. And I can love Tameka for who she is, but I don't have to necessarily be in a relationship with her." The couple is also parents to two-year-old Usher V.
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Speculations After Seen Shopping Together in NYC
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski