Lea Michele on Music Career: I'm Not Ready to Have 'Another Baby'
"Glee" star Lea Michele is putting off plans to follow her TV co-stars Matthew Morrison and Mark Salling into the music industry by releasing her own album, because she's not ready to make such a "big commitment". The singer/actress, who has shown off her powerful vocals on Broadway as well as on the hit TV musical, admits she would love to one day record a disc of her own songs, but she would need enough time to nurture the project from start to finish.
She tells Us Weekly, "I think it's definitely in my future, but that's a really big commitment. (Her 'Glee' character) Rachel's my baby, and making an album would be like taking care of another baby. And I'm not really ready to have another kid yet!"
Morrison is set to make his mark on the pop charts in February 2011 with his debut solo album "Bringing It to the Masses", while Salling releases his second album, "Pipe Dreams", next week on October 26.
More Lea Michele News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism