Lea Michele on Music Career: I'm Not Ready to Have 'Another Baby'
"Glee" star Lea Michele is putting off plans to follow her TV co-stars Matthew Morrison and Mark Salling into the music industry by releasing her own album, because she's not ready to make such a "big commitment". The singer/actress, who has shown off her powerful vocals on Broadway as well as on the hit TV musical, admits she would love to one day record a disc of her own songs, but she would need enough time to nurture the project from start to finish.
She tells Us Weekly, "I think it's definitely in my future, but that's a really big commitment. (Her 'Glee' character) Rachel's my baby, and making an album would be like taking care of another baby. And I'm not really ready to have another kid yet!"
Morrison is set to make his mark on the pop charts in February 2011 with his debut solo album "Bringing It to the Masses", while Salling releases his second album, "Pipe Dreams", next week on October 26.
More Lea Michele News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered