Josh Hopkins on Jennifer Aniston Romance Rumor: It Was Really Weird and Hurtful
"Cougar Town" actor Josh Hopkins was hurt and disgusted by the tabloid furore an innocent dinner date with Jennifer Aniston caused last month, because harsh rumors of a failed romance spread like "wildfire". The U.S. TV star befriended Aniston over the summer when she filmed a cameo for her best pal Courteney Cox's show and they reunited for a catch-up over a meal in September.
Gossips immediately claimed Hopkins had become Aniston's latest love interest - only for subsequent reports to allege he had dined and ditched the actress. But the intense media speculation was too much for Hopkins - and he's developed a real sympathy for Hollywood's biggest stars as a result of his own treatment in the tabloids.
He tells Parade magazine, "That was really, really weird and hurtful. I've been working in this business for a long time, and it's the first time I've ever found myself caught up in the middle of tabloid journalism... It felt dirty and invasive. It gave me so much empathy for real celebrities, people that have lived with this frenzied scrutiny for their entire life."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed