Christina Aguilera 'Can't Get Out of Bed' After Split
Christina Aguilera has credited her family and friends with helping her through her painful split from husband Jordan Bratman, revealing there are days when she can't even "get out of bed". The singer announced her separation from Bratman last week and subsequently filed divorce papers in a bid to officially end the union.
Aguilera has now opened up about the breakdown of her marriage, admitting she has struggled in the aftermath of the split, but her loved ones have been invaluable in helping her cope. She tells Redbook, "It's not easy, and there have been a lot of tears and sadness. It's impossible to redefine yourself and your life overnight."
"Thankfully, I have my mom and a small group of close friends who are there for me 24/7 and whom I can trust and depend on. On days when it feels impossible to even get out of bed, much less function as a mother, their support and encouragement have kept me moving forward."
Aguilera refuses to comment on the reasons the marriage broke down, insisting she is looking to the future for the sake of the former couple's young son Max. She adds, "Out of respect for my husband, I prefer to keep the specifics private. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it through each day. Thankfully, I have Max to keep me on a sane path. His needs and happiness are my top priorities, and my biggest concern is to protect him and make him feel safe."
- Did The Weeknd Send Gigi Hadid a Birthday Gift Despite Dumping Her Sister Bella?
- Machine Gun Kelly Explains Health Scare He Experienced During Concert
- Report: Mariah Carey Was a Diva While Visiting Disneyland
- New 'Justice League' Poster Brings Back Superman
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez' Candlelit Dinner
- Kim Zolciak's 4-Year-Old Son Gets Emergency Surgery After Being Bitten by Dog
- Kendrick Lamar Nabs Third No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'DAMN'
- Amber Heard and Elon Musk Confirm Relationship With PDA Pictures